Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPilot 2.0 on Confirmed Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Mobile Eye" chips (hardware 1) is a temporarily solution from the first beginning. It is far from capable if we are talking about the realistic quality of the Features Package 1&2 it offered.

It is so sad for the old owner including me, whereas chance for this discontinued Mobile Eye to be further perfect from Tesla is less due to its hardware limitation.

I knew ALL (99% confidence only) new cars are coming out with hardware 2 so chance to perfect the functions in Features Package 1&2 are unlimited due to the new super computing and deep learning. We also have a chance later to opt for Features 3 if TD gays have learned how to drive a car!

IMO, Tesla will limited the Features Package 3&4 's output rather than limiting some of the cameras and sensors input!

I think this way too. AP2 HW shall be standard on all cars. And with the refreshed Ordering page in Tesla HK. I'm starting to wonder the actual difference on AP and EAP (Enhanced Autopilot). Is it only talking about more cameras/Radars/Sensors and better detecting range ? And for people like me who ordered AP Package will get EAP working in the degree of AP, means only report obstacles up to 10M for example even if it can detect up to 100M ?

i am hoping that as we have already paid $19,400 for AP1, we will get a discount for upgrading to Enhanced AP / Full AP? or will they just throw in the Enhanced AP to us for free?

They gave us the AP2.0 enhanced hardware for free. I'm expecting the same functionality as AP1.0 that we ordered. Happy to pay for upgraded functionality when offered.

Hardware-wise

APHW 1.0

AP HW 2.0 ( all model Xs in HK entitled to new hardware )

-------------------

Software-wise

$19,400 - AP 1.0 ( those who ordered are upgradable with standard price shown on ordering page - you pay the difference. This option has been discontinued. )

$38,000 - enhanced AP 2.0 ( software won't be availble until Dec 16 / Jan 17 )

Additional $23,000 - self-drive AP 2.0

-------------------

For now we don't see much of a difference between the 19,400 & 38,000 options, in terms of its actual functionality. But as future software updates arrive gradually we will find $38,000 ( enhanced ap ) outperform ap 1.0.