Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot always select wrong lanes before I get into I-580 and I-680

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drive from local to freeways everyday. I need to may a left turn to get into the freeways. Auto pilot will pick the right-most lane about 1000 feet before the ramp. That is a wrong lane, because it leads to right turn.

Sometime Autopilot will merge left and run across the solid line at the at 50 feet. It's danger. Some time, it won't correct its mistake.

This occurs since upgrade to FSD 12. It was OK when FSD 11 was in use.

I too find that FSD v12 picks the wrong lane more often than v11 did. Also, if there are two turn lanes and I can use either one, the car sometimes has trouble picking a lane and will waffle back and forth.

That said, I’m on a road trip now, and overall FSD v12 is working far better than v11 did on my previous road trip, and I use it almost everywhere.

I drive from local to freeways everyday. I need to may a left turn to get into the freeways. Auto pilot will pick the right-most lane about 1000 feet before the ramp. That is a wrong lane, because it leads to right turn.

Sometime Autopilot will merge left and run across the solid line at the at 50 feet. It's danger. Some time, it won't correct its mistake.

This occurs since upgrade to FSD 12. It was OK when FSD 11 was in use.
I haven't noticed an increase with the upgrade, but this is a frequent problem in town. It will turn into the left lane when we will want to make a right turn or it will get itself into a right lane that will require a right turn when we want to go straight.