Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot and Traffic Light Detection?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something I've noticed while using FSD is that there are some traffic lights on my usual routes that the system announces (Stopping for traffic control or whatever) before you can actually see them. Has anyone else noticed this?

I guess the easiest answer is that I am wrong about them being visible and the car does in fact detect them with Vision. But is Tesla possibly relying on some sort of map system as well?

Something I've noticed while using FSD is that there are some traffic lights on my usual routes that the system announces (Stopping for traffic control or whatever) before you can actually see them. Has anyone else noticed this?

I guess the easiest answer is that I am wrong about them being visible and the car does in fact detect them with Vision. But is Tesla possibly relying on some sort of map system as well?
While there may be some data coming from maps, keep in mind that the car does not necessarily display everything it sees.

Reactions: HellsKitchen