Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot changes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Zeke5

'20 MY DM LR Boost 20" EcoHitch - solar
Jul 2, 2020
SoCal
Has anyone experienced any changes to the warning and disabling behavior of AP?

i Haven’t done a lot of highway driving in several months and did about a 5 hour round trip to LA yesterday and I was locked out of AP 4 different times going about 75. It seemed as if the blue flashing warning phase was shortened quite a bit before beep warning was fired.

I’m pretty sure I haven’t had it disable on me that many times in the previous year. Did they do something to try increase the frequency of steering wheel checks? Maybe in response to AP accidents?

They are supposed to start using the cabin camera to see if you're paying attention to the road now. I've heard reports of the car warning very quickly if you peered down on a cell phone. Maybe your eyes are not straight on the road at all times?
Personally, the few times I've used AP recently, I had to keep my hands on the wheel pretty much at all times. If I let go for whatever reason, it would warn me after 20-30 seconds. I don't know about being locked out since I've always quickly touched the steering or played with the scroll wheels...I've never been locked out.

Yes … that‘s what I had been accustomed to doing … but I know my reaction time to doing the volume wheel maneuver hasn’t fallen off that badly … it just seems that there was a little more runway to provide feedback to wheel once blue pulse starts

Has anyone experienced any changes to the warning and disabling behavior of AP?

i Haven’t done a lot of highway driving in several months and did about a 5 hour round trip to LA yesterday and I was locked out of AP 4 different times going about 75. It seemed as if the blue flashing warning phase was shortened quite a bit before beep warning was fired.

I’m pretty sure I haven’t had it disable on me that many times in the previous year. Did they do something to try increase the frequency of steering wheel checks? Maybe in response to AP accidents?
Yes! I agree - same story with me.....exactly