Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot doesnt come with the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now it's charging me $3k for basic AP, in order to get EAP, you need to get basic ap also, so that will be $9k ($3k + $6k). To get FSD, it will be $3k + $15k. That's crazy.
So you think that this is you only? That’s Tesla thing, if you did not catch that offer in the first place then later you have to pay more. Another Tesla glitch is that the features need to “grow gradually”, to get the new feature needs to have base function. That FSD does include new AP3 computer and requires MCU2 (not included in the offer) as well.

So you think that this is you only? That’s Tesla thing, if you did not catch that offer in the first place then later you have to pay more. Another Tesla glitch is that the features need to “grow gradually”, to get the new feature needs to have base function. That FSD does include new AP3 computer and requires MCU2 (not included in the offer) as well.
Yes at least the new Teslas come with basic autopilot so don't have to extra $3k for EAP or FSD.

Well, I actually got a pretty deal with it even without AP but just thought it came with AP.
Cool, glad to hear that! I considered an older S but wanted the warranty and newer (faster) battery since I can only supercharge, so I bought a 3. I would definitely like all the extra room the S has.

Tough call at $3k, but I use AP constantly and it would be worth it for me. Maybe test drive a new one and see. I talk to a lot of Tesla drivers and a huge proportion of them never use AP, which is surprising to me.

The price has changed substantially, both up and briefly down, over the years. I don’t believe the pricing at time of purchase was ever a guarantee of pricing in perpetuity.
Here you go...in case you still want FSD for $4k instead of $9k. If you bought in 2016-2018 they didn't have the disclaimer about "After delivery prices subject to change"

From Electrek Nov 2018
Screenshot_20221111-140244.png