Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot gone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon is on a mini-Twitter-storm. Try there. I have and just crickets back for me

***UPDATE*** 2:00pm EST I just received a follow up phone call from Tesla Support and there is definitely something odd happening and they have reported the VIN #'s from those of us that have called in with the same problem to the engineering department. 1st thought form him was, even if it resolves itself, we will need a firmware update to fix it. Be on the watch for an update "soon" lol lol (I almost laughed when he said "soon")

80228C13-FCB9-401A-B3F4-668524A29BE2.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: croman and outdoors
I used autopilot on my way to work this morning. No issues and I'm on the latest v9 update. MS P85D

Roughly 37F degrees out and raining (if it matters)
There's no such thing as "latest V9". Depending on your configuration, you may or may not receive the latest point release. It's always best just to look and post what revision you're on. Cheers!

Model X 100D v2018.42.2......no autopilot, lane lines, other vehicles, auto-wipe (stuck in a 3 hour rainstorm from Jersey to DC, ugh)....After 50 minutes on phone with support they said there is a "system-wide" outage and hope to have it fixed tonight. We shall see.

So, it's not fixed? WTF is going on. If it's not v9 doing this, I don't have time to filter all the who has it working and who doesn't... anyone have a hint on the common factors?

GF will try our 3 tonight, but this is getting weird. Still like to know what the car is dependent on. I thought the point of the 'hot stuff' computer was that it did it itself. :D

I would assume that the version doesn't matter... if it's a mothership issue, it shouldn't matter. I wasn't aware we depended totally on server-based software/services for all functions (which we need more details on), but I guess so. It could be 9 is more dependent, but it seems strange that we can't do anything without talking to home base.

Anyone confirm/deny this has always been the case? That it ever changed?

Like the whole 'app fails periodically', I would like an answer as to why the infrastructure is so fragile.
wondering if it talks to home base to validate what features you have enabled... can't validate what features you have = disabled in the car... ?

I have a P100D, AP2, refurbed MCU1, no-FSD, and I’m on 2018.40.

I had the problem start last night at 9pm pacific, same problem this morning (no TACC, no EAP, no lane markers or other cars represented on the dash).

At 11am pacific time, everything is back to working.