Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Hardware 1 with Convenience Features NOT working On 2015 CPO Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked my CPO 2016 MS last Saturday, found AP feature didn't work, there's only three features in my AP section.even does not has auto speed curise and auto parking.

I called customer service three times, first time, I was told your car doesn't has AP hardware, after I showing them purchase agreement, then I was told to paid $5K upgrade to AP2 to enable rest of features, the features I can see in the car is just AP1 should be,

Then I went to local service center, they told me not every MS could be upgrade to AP2, also they don't know what AP1 features in my car should looks like , I should contact delivery team,,any issue should be fixed before delivery, so I contacted delivery team, they said you should go to local service center, it could be fixed at there, there's nothing they can do, they just deliver the car to you.

I got totally confused. is here anyone know what Tesla department I should contacted to? any phone number or email that I can get a person who know how to resolve this issue?

Thank you

Attachments

• thumbnail_Outlook-bns4aywg.png
    thumbnail_Outlook-bns4aywg.png
    931.1 KB · Views: 205
  • Informative
Reactions: democappy
...CPO 2016 MS...

1) Simple or dumb cruise is standard on all trims/models. It automatically increases the speed to a set limit but it does not apply brakes or decelerate to avoid hitting something in front. It has simple or dumb "auto speed" as a standard cruise.

2) 2016 could be AP1 or AP2 depending on the month of birth as October or not.

3) AP1 has 1 camera and is not meant to evolve to FSD but AP2 has 8 cameras and is meant to evolve to FSD.

4) You or Tesla staff can easily identify AP1 or AP2 by counting the numbers of its physical cameras.

5) Tesla does not offer to upgrade AP1 to AP2 because the labor cost to place all those physical differences would be more expensive than just buying a new car.

6) Your car's screen displays standard safety features are included in all trims from AP1 and up. That screen does not say whether you have AP1 or AP2, Hardware1, HW2, HW2.5, or HW3.0

7) So it is correct that you need to pay up if you want to see more features on that screen.

8) The question is: Do you want to pay $5,000 for AP1 that does not evolve any more or do you want to pay for AP2?

If you do want to pay, come to your car and count the numbers of cameras so you can be an informed consumer.

1) Simple or dumb cruise is standard on all trims/models. It automatically increases the speed to a set limit but it does not apply brakes or decelerate to avoid hitting something in front. It has simple or dumb "auto speed" as a standard cruise.

2) 2016 could be AP1 or AP2 depending on the month of birth as October or not.

3) AP1 has 1 camera and is not meant to evolve to FSD but AP2 has 8 cameras and is meant to evolve to FSD.

4) You or Tesla staff can easily identify AP1 or AP2 by counting the numbers of its physical cameras.

5) Tesla does not offer to upgrade AP1 to AP2 because the labor cost to place all those physical differences would be more expensive than just buying a new car.

6) Your car's screen displays standard safety features are included in all trims from AP1 and up. That screen does not say whether you have AP1 or AP2, Hardware1, HW2, HW2.5, or HW3.0

7) So it is correct that you need to pay up if you want to see more features on that screen.

8) The question is: Do you want to pay $5,000 for AP1 that does not evolve any more or do you want to pay for AP2?

If you do want to pay, come to your car and count the numbers of cameras so you can be an informed consumer.

My car should has AP1 hardware, also I believe HW1, as producted on Nov 2015. it's listed on purchase agreement which calls "Autopilot Hardware 1 with Convenience Features,

On my understanding, it should auto control cruise speed, and get auto lane change, also auto parking should included.
The screen display standard safty features, it's for sure not any kind of Autopilot.I believe AP1 should has more than that.

Attachments

• 20190429122154.jpg
    20190429122154.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 163
Just got call from sales man,he said he has sent request to activate AP for me, hopefully it will be sent over air soon, he also said only sales can send request to enable it.
If you want to buy a CPO Tesla, first thing is get a sales man with you,then get confirmed with all detail of configuration before paying deposit.

...configuration...

That description was a trick description to describe that the hardware is there but it used to cost more to use it.

Imagine the description:

"SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 460 stations"

Yes. The radio is there, but it doesn't say it's free to listen.

I am glad that despite the conflicting info, you will now get your AP1 activation as included and not extra.

Congratulations!

Reactions: erik_k
Well, you got what you paid for. “Autopilot 1 hardware with convenience features” means autopilot was not activated on the car.

That is definitely what it means, but man is that something that I can totally see being very confusing and misleading to folks who don't know the car iterations and options as closely as most of us on the forum do. I wish they phrased that differently.

That description was a trick description to describe that the hardware is there but it used to cost more to use it.

Imagine the description:

"SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 460 stations"

Yes. The radio is there, but it doesn't say it's free to listen.

I am glad that despite the conflicting info, you will now get it as included and not extra.

Congratulations!
On my opinion, Tesla has lot of trick description on the website, such like order price, there's almost $12K difference between "Price after Est. Savings" and "Purchase Price", but you won't see the difference untill you get final summary.

Musk promised a $350K model 3, I remember there do has a $350K model 3 available for order, but only lasted few week, now you can see final price for a standard Model 3 is $39500 without adding any option. Yes, I do promised for a $350K Model 3, but I didn't say how long it would last for order.