Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AUTOPILOT is AMAZING!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wasn't going to order autopilot, well back then it was enhanced autopilot. Anyways, I ended up doing it and it's surprisingly the most amazing feature of the car. I'm the kind of person who likes driving, that's why I got the performance model after all. However, using autopilot is exhilarating! Anyone on the fence about it, go for it. That's all I wanted to share lol.

I am on free trial too (got it after 2019.8.6 update). Nice feature but needs maturity. Having worked in ML, I can thoroughly appreciate the tech and am sure will get better.

I note a psychological aspect with these things -- folks who have purchased/committed love it, and the others not much :).

Reactions: Scott7
I am on free trial too (got it after 2019.8.6 update). Nice feature but needs maturity. Having worked in ML, I can thoroughly appreciate the tech and am sure will get better.

I note a psychological aspect with these things -- folks who have purchased/committed love it, and the others not much :).

Some of it depends on time spent i.e. how comfortable you have gotten, and the type of driving you do. I never use AP on my commute. At first, using it made me nervous to the point it didn't seem worth it. Now I am more comfortable including knowing I can quickly take control which I have had to do before. However, in heavy commute traffic on multi-lane highways it has saved my sanity. On long trips on limited access roads it has helped. I love one pedal driving but my foot gets tired and AP gives it a nice rest.

AP on long trips, in traffic or just to catch a break from driving, it's great! I have used it for 2 1/2 years now and am fascinated at watching the car learn. My AP is so much better than it was the first few months. Using it at the same locations now that it just could NOT handle in the early months. Getting to my destination more refreshed and less tired is so worth it

• Love
Reactions: preilly44