Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPilot options on 2018 Inventory - APFB and APBS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mjptech

Being cyberbullied by TMC users PhilDavid + DCEV
Mar 30, 2019
Ventura
So, according to @EV-CPO the APFB option code is for Full Self Driving, however, vehicles in inventory I see with APFB and APBS are only advertised as "AutoPilot" while only vehicles with APF2 are showing as "Full Self Driving."

Looking through the source code on the design page, APFB isn't listed as an option for vehicles, only APF2.. So, does anyone know what a vehicle with APFB+APBS will actually result in?

I had an overnight loaner recently, and it featured Nav on AP, Summons, and so on... The Window Sticker (mfg 03/2019) listed Enhanced AutoPilot... The Tesla new inventory page lists "AutoPilot" - I believe @Tkun received a vehicle that had the same APFB and APBS, but had none of the EAP features on his vehicle. So, just wondering if anyone has recently taken delivery of one of these APFB+APBS vehicles that list as "Full Self Driving" on sites such as EV-CPO and TeslaInventory, but, only show up as AutoPilot on the Tesla site...

Are they only on 2018 vehicles? Does that mean they're removing EAP features from them? Is APFB+APBS the nomenclature for EAP capable vehicles? Or is APFB+APBS truly the new AutoPilot (meaning inventory cars that were formerly EAP have now had features stripped out)?

My assumption is that the price you're paying will determine the features you're getting. If you find a vehicle that charges $5k for autopilot or enhanced autopilot, that should include NoA, lane change and summon. If you're only being charged the new $3k AP price or it's included, I would assume it is TACC and auto steer only.

It's definitely tied to the package you buy, I activated AP on my 2018 Model 3 for $2k and I got the limited AP, even though EAP was the available option at time of purchase.