Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot price drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3k for fake self driving? No thanks.

Tesla always has a gimmick to boost quarterly sales and earnings. This one has been crazy. Crashing international prices by 30-40%. Then reversing that decision! By how much will they go back?
Performance S, X, then Ludicrous Average Selling Price boosts.
A dozen extensions to last time to get this S / X car (the 75s)
A few extensions to free supercharging.
Prices will rise, not now, but in a weeks time. The current thing.
Deposits on model Y please!

Problem with that and alot of Tesla owners are that my Tesla account still showing 4K for AP and 11K for Both AP and FSD
yeah, my account shows AP for $2k and FSD for $3k, despite the fact that I already own EAP. Won't even let me add FSD for $3k without first adding AP for $2k.

I called and told them I was throwing money at the screen, but it wasn't working. They gave me a canned "website is wonky, will be fixed by end of week" response. I'm not holding my breath on that deadline. Price will likely go back up Monday and I'll be left in the cold.

yeah, my account shows AP for $2k and FSD for $3k, despite the fact that I already own EAP. Won't even let me add FSD for $3k without first adding AP for $2k.

I called and told them I was throwing money at the screen, but it wasn't working. They gave me a canned "website is wonky, will be fixed by end of week" response. I'm not holding my breath on that deadline. Price will likely go back up Monday and I'll be left in the cold.

Irate customer "Your website screen is not absorbing my $1 bills". Call centre "Sir the website does not work like a Las Vegas girl".

Their timing of the temporary price drop coincided with many 2018 buyers just getting their federal tax credit back. Good time to have extra money in the bank to pay for those upgrades...

Reactions: Gt1948
One thing I'm not clear about. Does the new Autopilot package change lanes for you when you put on the blinker? It doesn't mention this feature on the website, so I know the obvious answer is "no", but how annoying it would be to use AutoSteer without the ability to change lanes while engaged? You'd have to disengage Autopilot literally every time you want to make a lane change? I can understand that it wouldn't recommend changing lanes for you (a la Navigate on Autopilot) but it should at least allow you to change lanes upon command. Does anyone have the official answer on this?

One thing I'm not clear about. Does the new Autopilot package change lanes for you when you put on the blinker? It doesn't mention this feature on the website, so I know the obvious answer is "no", but how annoying it would be to use AutoSteer without the ability to change lanes while engaged? You'd have to disengage Autopilot literally every time you want to make a lane change? I can understand that it wouldn't recommend changing lanes for you (a la Navigate on Autopilot) but it should at least allow you to change lanes upon command. Does anyone have the official answer on this?

per this thread, no.

Can owners that purchased $2K AP confirm if Auto Lane Change is included please?

That feature is not included with basic autopilot. You have to buy FSD to get lane changing. I also am trying to decide if I’m going borrow $3k to get fsd. AP was a no brainer for $2k. Not sure I need more.

Was told by Tesla customer service that starting on Monday, (basic) Autopilot reverts to $5,000 (from the current $2,000 special) & FSD goes up to $6,000 (from the current $3,000). Anyone else also tracking this?

That could be true. But tesla customer reps are know also to make sh*t up as no one really knows. Even elon has no clue, he can change his mind a week after or a tweet after.

That feature is not included with basic autopilot. You have to buy FSD to get lane changing. I also am trying to decide if I’m going borrow $3k to get fsd. AP was a no brainer for $2k. Not sure I need more.

i just paid $2k for AP 1 yesterday for my 2016.5 MS. i'm not sure if that's the correct deal or a good deal. however, i can tell you when the AP is engaged and i want to change lane, it will simply change to the lane i directed to with my blinker. is this feature only on AP 1?? im confused by that thread.

see my last post.