TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Autopilot upgrade, touchscreen random reset?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by samori01, Oct 11, 2016.

1. samori01

samori01 Member

I upgraded to autopilot (I did not have my car delivered with it) 2 days ago, and after using it for the first time, my touchscreen has been randomly resetting on me. This is with autopilot engaged and without. I am driving and the screen just goes black, and then it reboots. It has done that several times.
    I have a call in to the service center, but just wondering if I am alone in this...has anyone else had this problem?

2. CarmaKazi

CarmaKazi Member

This was my experience as well. But it only happened that morning I got into the car after the upgrade. It was a bit scary as I wasnt sure if the car would just suddenly stop. I will say that when it reset, the AC restarted as well. This only occur the day after the upgrade. Since then, no issues. I didnt bother reporting it or calling the SC since its been 2 weeks now and no problems.

3. Macbest

Macbest Member

There was a tesla problem today. I inquired and they said all should be corrected now. Mine reset every 3-4 minutes. I didn't do an autopilot upgrade. But I do have 8.0.

4. taminatorv

taminatorv Member

I called in as well. Tesla said the problem was resolved around 9:30am. When I switched over to listen to music on USB, it stopped rebooting, so the problem might have been streaming related.

• Like x 1