Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot will be disabled for approximately one week?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If that's true, I may have to look into trading in my Tesla for a Mercedes as Autopilot was the main reason I purchased a Tesla.
Mercedes has L2 on highways globally, just like the Tesla Navigation on Autopilot.

Mercedes Eyes-off, hands-off is an L3 with restrictions, which means EU, NV, CA, daytime, good weather, and a maximum speed of 40 MPH (it works on 80 MPH later but not for the initial release) and others like no Auto Lane Change, no Auto Exit... When the conditions are not met, you can use its L2, or when you want Navigation on Autopilot, then shut the L3 off and use the L2.

We just bought a used 2021 Model S and it already has 2 disablement strikes recorded against so presumably we get 3 more. None of these are ours, we've only had the car 2 days with none. They're from the previous owner!

It does seem ridiculous that the strikes go with the car not the owner. Tesla knows when the car changes ownership so they could do it easily. Permanently cursing the car itself seems a bit pre-Enlightenment.

Reactions: mjavor
Again, what's causing problems here is Tesla failing to meet 10 years of its own promises about what Autopilot and "Full Self Driving" could do. Other manufacturers have full hands-off-wheel capability on highways and Mercedes even has hands-off-eyes-off in slow highway traffic.

Still waiting for the ghost of my 2015 S to drive across the country unsupervised and pick me up in a parking lot. Oh, wait - we got fart sounds, video games on the console, and most of the original sensor package removed, plus a legion of fanboys who will now denounce me for pointing this out.

Reactions: Ostrichsak
As I understand the new update, if you are kicked out of autopilot five times, autopilot remains disabled for one week. Is it five times during one drive, or five times in a week or once five disengagements are reached during any length in time?
How sure are you that after 1 week you will get it back has it happen to someone before can someone verify?

Blocking will work, but I'm pretty sure it asks to turn the wheel more often if you have blocked it.

I just switched from an AP1 MX to a MS Plaid. I feel the current AP has much less nags than AP1. Unless you watch the screen for too long..

• Informative
Reactions: DerbyDave