Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autosteer alert disengages with the scroll wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While autosteer is engaged in my 2020 M3, I used to nudge the steering wheel with my hands to remove the alert, "Apply light force to steering wheel", on the display while autosteer is engaged.
A few weeks ago, I accidentally adjusted the set speed when the alert showed up and it vanished. Ah ha!
I've found that rotating either scrolling wheel on the steering wheel a click up or down, (volume wheel on the left or set speed on the right), does the trick to remove the alert.
Note: The fact my M3 has an autosteer function, slows down on curves, and just makes me love all things Tesla and the future, I still am hyper aware that this is a beta feature. I keep my hands on the steering wheel always, ready to take over at all times. I love this tech, but, I won't act foolishly within it.

Extremely light indeed...

Those kinds of actions reassure the system that the driver is not unconscious.

I think a better practice is to create a counter torque with a hand so you can get feedback of how the steering is doing.

If you can feel how it steers, you don't need to look at the instrument clusters for nagging messages, and you can even predict when it is about to steer in the wrong direction so you can intervene it instantly and seamlessly.