TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Autoweek (NL) Roadster roadtest

Discussion in 'Video' started by stopcrazypp, Jan 30, 2009.

Tags:
  1. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

[youtube]ZnBpd88pRLA[/youtube]

A roadtest by Autoweek from the Netherlands if I'm not mistaken.

Is Tesla still continuing a media run in Europe or is this possibly older footage?

2. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Definitely in the Netherlands. I'll try to get a translation from my Dutch friend. He put me onto Tesla in the first place a few years back - so he owes me one :smile:

VP19 was off to Switzerland after last week's event in London, so there is definitely still promotional activity going on.

3. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

They've now added English subtitles to this video - click through for an HD version too.

4. SteveF

SteveF Member

This is the first video I've seen where the windshield wiper was in operation. I hadn't noticed that the roadster only has one wiper blade that spans the entire front windshield (that's windscreen to you, right, dpeilow?).

I've never owned a car with other than two wiper blades, so it looks a bit wierd to my eyes. But I guess I'll get used to it.

5. graham

graham Active Member

I believe this is a carry-over from the Elise. I believe both the wiper and the windshield are the same as the Elise design.

6. SteveF

SteveF Member

#6 SteveF, Feb 15, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
    That would make sense. Obviously I'm not too familiar with the Elise, either. Thanks.

7. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Yep - windscreen.

When I drove the car last month it was raining and I can honestly say it wasn't a problem having just the one wiper. It was the first time I'd driven anything without the usual two, also.