Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Average Order-To-VIN Time Increasing On MYLR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just for fun (and to quench my EDD obsession), I wanted to see what was happening with the order-to-VIN length of time this year. I took the spreadsheet data and went back to VINs assigned for each month from May to September. What I found was an ever-increasing time between order date and VIN assignment. Here's the averages:

(The month here is the month where the VIN was assigned, not the order month.)
May- 47 days from OD to VIN assignment in May-235 VIN assignments in May

June- 45 days from OD to VIN assignment in June (Dropped 2 days from previous month)-232 VIN assignments in June

July- 65 days from OD to VIN assignment in July (increased 20 days from previous month)-107 VIN assignments in July

August- 77 days from OD to VIN assignment in August (increased 12 days from the previous month)-168 VIN assignments in August

September(up to 9/13)- 90 days from OD to VIN assignment in September (increased 13 days from the previous month)-Can't really count this because the month isn't finished but 60 VINs in the first 13 days

People in September are waiting double the amount of time for VIN assignment than people were in May and June.

Is there an ever increasing number of MYLR orders that are outpacing production or is Tesla decreasing the number of MYLR produced in the past few months? If production is decreasing, that is a problem for those of us with MYLR orders since it looks like new order numbers are steady or increasing. VIN assignments are decreasing from May-June to July-August.

• Informative
Reactions: DDubbsEV
Production likely decreasing and it appears Tesla is stockpiling MY castings in Austin. Probably getting ready to ramp MY production in Austin right before the end of the year so that they can deliver them after 1/1/2022 when the tax credit is likely to be in affect. Just what it seems like in my opinion (and we all know what they say about opinions). 😬

Reactions: Hurricane4911
Getting a theoretical tax credit would be nice but I would rather have my car early.😄 If someone has an order for a MYLR5 white on white with 19s and tow and has a 2021 EDD but wants to wait for the tax credit, I'd be happy to swap for my "we'll get to your order sometime in 2022" order. Haha!

Production likely decreasing and it appears Tesla is stockpiling MY castings in Austin. Probably getting ready to ramp MY production in Austin right before the end of the year so that they can deliver them after 1/1/2022 when the tax credit is likely to be in affect. Just what it seems like in my opinion (and we all know what they say about opinions). 😬
i do not think the tax credit will be for tesla. Actually do not think a tax credit may happen at all for any EV next year. Unions rule because they throw money to corrupt politicians.

Just for fun (and to quench my EDD obsession), I wanted to see what was happening with the order-to-VIN length of time this year. I took the spreadsheet data and went back to VINs assigned for each month from May to September. What I found was an ever-increasing time between order date and VIN assignment. Here's the averages:

(The month here is the month where the VIN was assigned, not the order month.)
May- 47 days from OD to VIN assignment in May-235 VIN assignments in May

June- 45 days from OD to VIN assignment in June (Dropped 2 days from previous month)-232 VIN assignments in June

July- 65 days from OD to VIN assignment in July (increased 20 days from previous month)-107 VIN assignments in July

August- 77 days from OD to VIN assignment in August (increased 12 days from the previous month)-168 VIN assignments in August

September(up to 9/13)- 90 days from OD to VIN assignment in September (increased 13 days from the previous month)-Can't really count this because the month isn't finished but 60 VINs in the first 13 days

People in September are waiting double the amount of time for VIN assignment than people were in May and June.

Is there an ever increasing number of MYLR orders that are outpacing production or is Tesla decreasing the number of MYLR produced in the past few months? If production is decreasing, that is a problem for those of us with MYLR orders since it looks like new order numbers are steady or increasing. VIN assignments are decreasing from May-June to July-August.
Heh, I wish I was close to the average for June. I'm at day 104 with no VIN.

Reactions: dnstommy
Looks like Order to VIN is going to be averaging 120-160 days in the coming months if the jump in delivery delays hold true. If my MYLR gets delivered on the last day of January (month of delivery when I ordered) that would be 148 days from order to delivery. I sure hope it isn't that long. That's over 21 weeks!

Reactions: MY-user
Looks like Order to VIN is going to be averaging 120-160 days in the coming months if the jump in delivery delays hold true. If my MYLR gets delivered on the last day of January (month of delivery when I ordered) that would be 148 days from order to delivery. I sure hope it isn't that long. That's over 21 weeks!
I just hope that Tesla Berlin and Austin will reverse the trend in a couple of months.