Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR 7 seats, 19" wheels, white red exterior, black interior, no tow.

OD 5/20 in Colorado
EDD1 June-July
EDD2 June 9-June 23.
VIN assigned on 6/4, Fremont, matrix, HW4.
EDD3 - June 21-June 30.
EDD4 - June 10-June 19.
Tesla contacted me to schedule delivery on June 11. The options given to me were June 15, 16, or 17.
Hold on 6/12/23. VIN unassigned
Released hold on 6/26/23. Changed color to red.
EDD5 - June to July (updated 7/1)
EDD6 - July to August (updated 7/4)

Hold was a max of 2 weeks, which I did to qualify for a state tax incentive.
EDD7 - July 14-July 28. No VIN yet

Can anyone suggest what it is about my car that keeps it from being produced? Maybe they only install towing packages one day a month? It was frustrating to see inventory cars rolling out, but not my car when they were pushing so hard for Q2 deliveries. I'm willing to delete the towing if it gets me a match, but otherwise...I want what I want. Ordered May 10th. Towing added about two weeks later. Current EDD use July 2-16 with no VIN assigned.
Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot
Enhanced Autopilot
Tow Hitch

Reactions: Stroudco2005
Can anyone suggest what it is about my car that keeps it from being produced? Maybe they only install towing packages one day a month? It was frustrating to see inventory cars rolling out, but not my car when they were pushing so hard for Q2 deliveries. I'm willing to delete the towing if it gets me a match, but otherwise...I want what I want. Ordered May 10th. Towing added about two weeks later. Current EDD use July 2-16 with no VIN assigned.
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot
Enhanced Autopilot
Tow Hitch
White interiors seems to be a common trait of the slow to deliver cars, I'd just keep waiting unfortunately, you will get it eventually.

Deep Blue Metallic Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot
Enhanced Autopilot
Tow Hitch
There doesn’t seem to be much logic to how orders are rolled out. I saw people with identical configurations in the same region getting deliveries before me even though they ordered weeks later than me. Still waiting for a delivery date on my 5/21 MYLR order…

2023 MYLR White | Black | 5-Seat | Gemini |
OD: 5/18 2023
ODD: Jun - Jul
EDD: 6/13 - 6/30
Fremont VIN Assigned: 6/6
Order on Hold: 6/8
Hold Removed: 6/22
Austin VIN Assigned: 6/23
Austin VIN Released: 6/24
Fremont VIN Assigned: 6/30
EDD: 7/13 - 7/19
EDD: 7/7 - 7/14
Scheduled Delivery: 7/11
Can we put hold multiple times? do we need to provide reason of hold? I also ordered MYLR White | White | 5-Seat. Little confused, I think Austin built is better but No metrix headlight. Want to wait for Austin built Matrix headlights. Any suggestions pls. Thanks

MYLR
White
19 inch Gemini's
5 Seat Black Interior
Tow Hitch
OD: May 8
ODD: June/July
EDD1: May 27-June 10
EDD2: June 4-June 10
EDD3: May 29-June 7
VIN1: May 22
Manufactured1: May 22 Fremont
DD1: June 5
Order placed on Hold: June 1
Hold Expired: June 15th
EDD4: June 29-30
VIN2: June 16th (PF807XXX)
Manufactured2: ??? Fremont
VIN2 Removed: June 20th
VIN3: June 22nd (Austin)
VIN3 Removed: June 23rd
Order placed on Hold Until July 1: June 23
VIN4: June 28 (Freemont)
VIN4 Rejected at delivery: July 1 (roof seal problem)
Order placed on Hold until July 3rd: July 1
EDD5: July 1- July 8
VIN5: July 4
EDD6: July 7 - July 14
Denver, CO

Got my 5th Vin. Fingers crossed.
Can we put hold multiple times? do we need to provide reason of hold? I also ordered MYLR White | White | 5-Seat. Little confused, I think Austin built is better but No metrix headlight. Want to wait for Austin built Matrix headlights. Any suggestions pls. Thanks

In my experience you cannot request more than 1 hold, however tesla can put your order on hold more than once. I can't say the criteria for that. My order has been on hold 3 times, once requested by me and twice due to other circumstances that prevented delivery and tesla offered a hold. Unlike the hold I requested, it never showed hold in the app and I didn't have the ability to end the hold early, like the 2 week hold I requested. So in their system, it's a somewhat different kind of hold than 1 requested by the customer.

As for Austin and matrix lights, imo there is no clear advantage to either of those and I wouldn't try to adjust my order to improve odds of those being true.

Deep Blue Metallic Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot
Enhanced Autopilot
Tow Hitch
It's definitely the white interior, that's in short supply. In June Tesla even stopped offering white interior on base Model Y for US and Canada, it's back now for the US but I think Canada still doesn't have it as an option.

It's definitely the white interior, that's in short supply. In June Tesla even stopped offering white interior on base Model Y for US and Canada, it's back now for the US but I think Canada still doesn't have it as an option.
I think its more likely the exterior color as the primary reason, but likely its a confluence of factors. I believe the colors are built in batches, (having worked in an auto production factory that makes sense to me since there it was not insignificant to equip the paint shop for different exterior color). Blue is an extra cost option, so that likely aslo means its less popular.

you can request hold of up to 14 days one time without questions asked. after that if for whatever reason you need to hold, it's up to tesla to decide. My sales people put my order on a 2nd hold, this hold didn't show on the app. I know it's on hold because I received a message a couple days later saying remove the hold to receive an sooner delivery, which I had no way at all to remove.

Watched a video on Giga Texas yesterday and reported Model Y production was down for retooling and Cybertruck assembly line buildout. The staging lots for transport were quite empty and no cars were coming out of the factory. Likely the delay for cars being produced/delivered from Austin. Production should resume today or tomorrow but will likely be slow due to retooling and training employees. If you have July builds from Austin, double check build quality!

Reactions: Milehighblue
Watched a video on Giga Texas yesterday and reported Model Y production was down for retooling and Cybertruck assembly line buildout. The staging lots for transport were quite empty and no cars were coming out of the factory. Likely the delay for cars being produced/delivered from Austin. Production should resume today or tomorrow but will likely be slow due to retooling and training employees. If you have July builds from Austin, double check build quality!
Good to know! Glad mine was a late June Austin build.