Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR
White
19 inch Gemini's
5 Seat Black Interior
Tow Hitch
OD: May 8
ODD: June/July
EDD1: May 27-June 10
EDD2: June 4-June 10
EDD3: May 29-June 7
VIN1: May 22
Manufactured1: May 22 Fremont
DD1: June 5
Order placed on Hold: June 1
Hold Expired: June 15th
EDD4: June 29-30
VIN2: June 16th (PF807XXX)
Manufactured2: ??? Fremont
VIN2 Removed: June 20th
VIN3: June 22nd (Austin)
VIN3 Removed: June 23rd
Order placed on Hold Until July 1: June 23
VIN4: June 28 (Freemont)
VIN4 Rejected at delivery: July 1 (roof seal problem)
Order placed on Hold until July 3rd: July 1
EDD5: July 1- July 8
VIN5: July 4
Manufactured5: July 3 (Fremont)
EDD6: July 7 - July 14
EDD7: July 14 - July 23
Denver, CO

After much back and forth with someone at the delivery center I have a delivery appointment for end of day tuesday! They kept trying to tell me i had to take delivery during the period I have communicated for weeks was impossible. After getting to the point of cancelling the delivery altogether and after they confirmed it wasn't possible to deliver it earlier, they got back to me with an earlier delivery appointment.

MYLR
White
19 inch Gemini's
5 Seat Black Interior
Tow Hitch
Denver, CO

After much back and forth with someone at the delivery center I have a delivery appointment for end of day tuesday! They kept trying to tell me i had to take delivery during the period I have communicated for weeks was impossible. After getting to the point of cancelling the delivery altogether and after they confirmed it wasn't possible to deliver it earlier, they got back to me with an earlier delivery appointment.
hope it finally works for you this time!!

MYLR
White
19 inch Gemini's
5 Seat Black Interior
Tow Hitch
Denver, CO

Good news! Guess you just have to push. Tue 7/18 is basically in the middle of EDD so it is really not an earlier delivery.

What's amazing is how many get rejected. I've seen dozens here on TMC, and this site just represents a sampling of new Teslas overall. Makes you wonder how they manage to get rid of them. Are there that many people out there who will buy a car without even looking at the body panels, paint, roof gasket, etc.?

I'd say people on this site are less tolerant on body panel issues and etc. I have quite some friends just don't care too much about theses stuff and of course they don't come to this site.
I have to say a lot. Many of buyers don't care that much. It's why Tesla is confident that they can re-assign the VINs to someone else. They most likely can find one taking over the car in the end. Otherwise, they will use it for the test-drive in the end.

My car isn't "perfect". There are 3-4 small gaps. Do I really care? As long as no major issue in Day 1, I should be fine.

I talked the same thing to friends and coworkers. 9 out of 10 would "accept" my car. 1 wouldn't because he can't stand with any gaps in the car.

On the day I picked mine, two owners next to me were excited with their new Tesla and they said they went online to learn from youtube then download the checklist a day before. They did follow the checklist to go over each of items, and spent more time than me to look after each of details. They learned the Tesla quality issues by the news.

Good news! Guess you just have to push. Tue 7/18 is basically in the middle of EDD so it is really not an earlier delivery.
I was probably not clear on that. Its a long story with a lot of back and forth with Tesla. I'm on my 5th VIN. The good news is that the car I ordered is scheduled to be delivered next tuesday. I'm hopeful it has no major issues (i will accept small defects like panel misalignments, minor paint imperfections, etc) and I get to take it home.

Reactions: Milehighblue
Can anyone suggest what it is about my car that keeps it from being produced? Maybe they only install towing packages one day a month? It was frustrating to see inventory cars rolling out, but not my car when they were pushing so hard for Q2 deliveries. I'm willing to delete the towing if it gets me a match, but otherwise...I want what I want. Ordered May 10th. Towing added about two weeks later. Current EDD use July 2-16 with no VIN assigned.
Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot
Enhanced Autopilot
Tow Hitch
The wait is almost over! I woke up a couple of days ago to a text that it's time to schedule delivery!! I am scheduled for 7/21 @ 09:30. Thanks for the advice so far.

MYLR
White
19 inch Gemini's
5 Seat Black Interior
Tow Hitch
Denver, CO
Delivered: July 18

Car is great. It has a couple of flaws that I had them note, but I do not currently intend to pursue fixes.

The gap for the hatch is visibly different between left and right. I'd estimate the gap is 100% bigger on the right side vs the left side. The hatch opens and closes properly, isn't rubbing, leaking or causing noise so I think I don't want them messing with it. The other panel gaps all around the car are fine. The gap around the frunk is even all around, unlike the new P model they loaned me for a few days.

There are a few small paint defects. A couple pieces of dust trapped under and a bubble or 2. None are that visible to me so I will ignore.

The place on the rear bumper where the door that covers the tow hitch mounts is missing some plastic, so not all the clips engage. It stays put so I will also ignore.

They also delivered the car to me without temporary registration tag on the back. I noticed the next day and they emailed me the tag and I printed it, mounted it on cardboard, vacuum sealed it in a food saver bad and mounted it to the back of the car. That should last the 60-90 days it takes around here to get permanent license plates.

Overall its great and drives well, I expected some quality issues that I wouldn't expect from Toyota, GM or other mainstream automaker. Will drive it for a little bit and if no powertrain or driving issues come up then I will add the acceleration boost to it.

MYLR
White
19 inch Gemini's
5 Seat Black Interior
Tow Hitch
Denver, CO
Delivered: July 18

Car is great. It has a couple of flaws that I had them note, but I do not currently intend to pursue fixes.

The gap for the hatch is visibly different between left and right. I'd estimate the gap is 100% bigger on the right side vs the left side. The hatch opens and closes properly, isn't rubbing, leaking or causing noise so I think I don't want them messing with it. The other panel gaps all around the car are fine. The gap around the frunk is even all around, unlike the new P model they loaned me for a few days.

There are a few small paint defects. A couple pieces of dust trapped under and a bubble or 2. None are that visible to me so I will ignore.

The place on the rear bumper where the door that covers the tow hitch mounts is missing some plastic, so not all the clips engage. It stays put so I will also ignore.

They also delivered the car to me without temporary registration tag on the back. I noticed the next day and they emailed me the tag and I printed it, mounted it on cardboard, vacuum sealed it in a food saver bad and mounted it to the back of the car. That should last the 60-90 days it takes around here to get permanent license plates.

Overall its great and drives well, I expected some quality issues that I wouldn't expect from Toyota, GM or other mainstream automaker. Will drive it for a little bit and if no powertrain or driving issues come up then I will add the acceleration boost to it.
Glad you finally got your MY! Congrats!

My Y is slated to be delivered from Cleveland to to my local Tesla this afternoon. The earliest delivery I could choose was Monday, but I can’t actually make that due to leaving for vacation Saturday evening. Hoping it gets delivered and the service center can inspect and detail so I can accept delivery (Friday/Saturday) before I leave.

MYLR 7 seats, 19" wheels, white red exterior, black interior, no tow.

OD 5/20 in Colorado
EDD1 June-July
EDD2 June 9-June 23.
VIN assigned on 6/4, Fremont, matrix, HW4.
EDD3 - June 21-June 30.
EDD4 - June 10-June 19.
Tesla contacted me to schedule delivery on June 11. The options given to me were June 15, 16, or 17.
Hold on 6/12/23. VIN unassigned
Released hold on 6/26/23. Changed color to red.
EDD5 - June to July (updated 7/1)
EDD6 - July to August (updated 7/4)

Hold was a max of 2 weeks, which I did to qualify for a state tax incentive.
Delivery scheduled for July 22. They contacted me on July 20 to schedule, I picked the earliest option.

MYLR 7 seats, 19" wheels, white red exterior, black interior, no tow.

OD 5/20 in Colorado
EDD1 June-July
EDD2 June 9-June 23.
VIN assigned on 6/4, Fremont, matrix, HW4.
EDD3 - June 21-June 30.
EDD4 - June 10-June 19.
Tesla contacted me to schedule delivery on June 11. The options given to me were June 15, 16, or 17.
Hold on 6/12/23. VIN unassigned
Released hold on 6/26/23. Changed color to red.
EDD5 - June to July (updated 7/1)
EDD6 - July to August (updated 7/4)

Hold was a max of 2 weeks, which I did to qualify for a state tax incentive.
Took delivery on July 22. Happy with the car and only found a couple very minor issues like one headlight wasn't perfectly flush with the bumper. Was surprised by how nicely the frunk and rear hatch were aligned. Plastic trim around wheels didn't have the same consistent gap, but all clips were in and they're not loose. Paint had only incredibly minor imperfections from what I could tell.

Took delivery on July 22. Happy with the car and only found a couple very minor issues like one headlight wasn't perfectly flush with the bumper. Was surprised by how nicely the frunk and rear hatch were aligned. Plastic trim around wheels didn't have the same consistent gap, but all clips were in and they're not loose. Paint had only incredibly minor imperfections from what I could tell.
Same experience for me. Only found some issues under the lights in the tint shop - Not complaining. Picked up Friday mid day and at 1055 miles already on a road trip.

Loving it!

Reactions: retbesla
I am trying to decide if I should trade my 2022 model 3 for a model Y. I have a model Y (my wife drives it and I drive the 3) The Y gets driven more often. The 3 does not even have 3k miles on it. When I bought the 3 I really wanted another Y but went with the LR 3 because of the price. They are offering my 35k I was thinking of jumping on it before the value drops when the highlander comes out.
I've been out of the loop for a while. From what I see, the base all wheel drive has the same features as the all wheel drive long range (minus the range of course) And the HW4 is the only reason someone would get a 2023 Y vs used. (if it beats the tax credit and if you do not qualify) Not sure if many people even qualify for the full $7500. But something is better than nothing I guess.
I am trying to figure out if I should buy used or is there that much of a difference in the new ones. I see a few 2021 models that I like in the mid 40s and also one that is the same price as a new one but with full self driving.