Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@fallen888: I got my first contact from DA today morning via email with the message : "congratulations on your new Tesla and thank you for accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy! " . I'm xxxxx, your Delivery Advisor, etc etc. I was asked to fill in Insurance and Finance approval information and couldnt fill in since I needed VIN as I live in Texas. After 3-4 email exchanges she gave me my VIN# and I filled in those sections in an hour. My delivery is next week and I called on monday 10/1 and enquired on my order status and was told my DA is xxxxx and she would reach out to me soon. Also, the tesla agent was able to tell that I had a vin and that my vehicle is in transit. Do let tesla check your order and make sure they consider it fine. Best of luck !
All evidence is actually to the contrary; your chances of getting your car delivered is *directly* proportional to how many times you contact them, at least up to the "once a day" level.

At this point I think it's because you have a chance of getting a competent person who can do something, or a person who can't do anything. The more times you call, the more different people you get, so the higher odds of actually reaching someone who can do something.

Yuck.:(

Once you get someone who actually fixes problems for you, be nice to them, because they're rare... :eek:

I'm on my 6th pushout and my 5th person I've had contact with. I've been nice every time though.
And the information about where the car changed like this:

First-on a truck in California-reasonable.
2nd on a truck in Alabama-hopeful
3rd on a truck in South Carolina--What??? South Carolina is past GA from California!=crazy
4th on a truck in Alabama again--HMMMM?
5th now supposedly on a train which takes 2 weeks apparently to get across the US=not sure I'm biting anymore.

The mileage warranty may expire before it gets to me at this rate!;)

The situation seems to be that the people scheduling in Las Vegas don't have a clue what is really happening. It looks like they are using a dartboard with only future dates on and just throwing darts to pick one.
The local folk are getting bad information and the transit information is just nonsense when they look it up.
They seem to be pushing the dates out to whenever the car is supposed to arrive.

I can't quite figure out how it was scheduled to arrive yesterday but now the date is Oct. 21?

Tesla could have helped themselves immensely by not scheduling appts until the car arrived at the location with a real prediction 1 week in advance before then.

Lots of goodwill being squandered by this and lots of otherwise potential customers are watching all of this.

Reactions: webdbbt and neroden
This x1000. Absolutely how I was able to make progress too.
I really don't think that's it Dan. Having said that I did get my loan officer involved and she's at the CU Tesla pushes so she knows LOTS of people at Tesla and they were copied on her email. So...we'll see. But, if cars are not being routed to the east coast there are no cars routed to the east coast period.

I'm on my 6th pushout and my 5th person I've had contact with. I've been nice every time though.
And the information about where the car changed like this:

First-on a truck in California-reasonable.
2nd on a truck in Alabama-hopeful
3rd on a truck in South Carolina--What??? South Carolina is past GA from California!=crazy
4th on a truck in Alabama again--HMMMM?
5th now supposedly on a train which takes 2 weeks apparently to get across the US=not sure I'm biting anymore.

The mileage warranty may expire before it gets to me at this rate!;)

The situation seems to be that the people scheduling in Las Vegas don't have a clue what is really happening. It looks like they are using a dartboard with only future dates on and just throwing darts to pick one.
The local folk are getting bad information and the transit information is just nonsense when they look it up.
They seem to be pushing the dates out to whenever the car is supposed to arrive.

I can't quite figure out how it was scheduled to arrive yesterday but now the date is Oct. 21?

Tesla could have helped themselves immensely by not scheduling appts until the car arrived at the location with a real prediction 1 week in advance before then.

Lots of goodwill being squandered by this and lots of otherwise potential customers are watching all of this.
Anyone in the Northeast order AWD, non performance recently? Curious what the turn around time was, and if delivery can still be had by 12/31.
No cars are being routed to the east. Current fulfillment is to West Coast and Canada. Not clear when that will change and what geographic location will be next. If one's window is Oct-Nov, you're still good..and still have a 30 day 'window'. When you go to configure that window is still THE window. At this point it's likely going to be Dec-Feb for new orders.

• Disagree
Reactions: fallen888
Ya we don’t have a Tesla in our state so that was not an option. It was delivered to my home with no instruction about what to do next.
I grew up in RI. My brothers and sister are still there and we're 7 miles from border. Is DMV still across the street from State House? OMG, going there was such a zoo. google RI DMV and registering a new car...Depending on who you have car insurance through, they used to do it, just bring the paperwork to them as they often have people camped out at DMV.

No truer words have every been spoken. BTW, Teslanomics (Ben Sullins) spoke on that as well. The problem is Elon Musk and no COO that ever run a manufacturing company. Tesla is playing whack-a-mole with problems that come up as they come up whereas a dedicated COO would look at the entire 'system' and anticipate problems and fix them before they become problems. This isn't currently happening.

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
No cars are being routed to the east. Current fulfillment is to West Coast and Canada. Not clear when that will change and what geographic location will be next. If one's window is Oct-Nov, you're still good..and still have a 30 day 'window'. When you go to configure that window is still THE window. At this point it's likely going to be Dec-Feb for new orders.
where did you get this bullshit info?

Anyone here with severe FIA and the order is not even for you? The AWD Non-P MSM I'm waiting on is for my wife, and I've been obsessing over it way worse than when I ordered my S two years ago. Maybe because I waited less than three months for the S, but close to two years since the 3 reservation. It's bad! :D

Reactions: the_danimal
I agree with Dan above but, hate to rain on anyone's parade, it's not one's car until you sign for it. At least that seems to be how Tesla handles it. Same thing, btw, happened to me. They sent my car to the closest, but incorrect SC and rather than truck it to the right location or had the right location do the paperwork, they just sold it outright.
For those of us that signed mvpa's and had fully paid for a car that never showed up and vanish or never were built when the IDA says the car is waiting for a truck. man its all lies. even the delivery supervisors can care less, they throw $200 of supercharging at me like i can use it without a f@#$# car.

Anyone here with severe FIA and the order is not even for you? The AWD Non-P MSM I'm waiting on is for my wife, and I've been obsessing over it way worse than when I ordered my S two years ago. Maybe because I waited less than three months for the S, but close to two years since the 3 reservation. It's bad! :D
So what was it you disagreed w/me on? The word on no shipments to the east was straight from Tesla Delivery yesterday. Dec->Feb was premised on 2-4 months horizon.

Does your state require you to pay in full before delivery or something? I'd never pay for a car before I see it and touch it.
My understanding is that's a TX thing. Truth be told, Tesla demands car be paid in full before you drive off. So either they get all of it from you or part from you balance from lender. In God We Trust, All Others Cash on the Barrel Head.

Does your state require you to pay in full before delivery or something? I'd never pay for a car before I see it and touch it.

can't* :p
I stand corrected, Yessir, Texas has screwed up laws, those of us who live here and want a tesla bad enough have to fork over the cashish before they even ship it from california. That being said. Tesla has to send a letter of guarantee to the bank before they will release the funds that says, we guarantee that once we receive the funds we will ship the title directly to the financial institution with the lien. Not..."we guarantee that once we get the money we will rub it all over our junk and laugh our a$$e$ off as we give the car to someone in california to count the sale before end of quarter and lie to anyone who asks about it.

For those of us that signed mvpa's and had fully paid for a car that never showed up and vanish or never were built when the IDA says the car is waiting for a truck. man its all lies. even the delivery supervisors can care less, they throw $200 of supercharging at me like i can use it without a f@#$# car.
This whole delivery system is a fricken embarrassment. I have over a 2hr drive to get to the delivery place and I am not setting foot in my car until someone AT the delivery place tells me the car is there, prepped, detailed, and ready for me. So, yes Michael, I totally empathize with your predicament. And I cringe with every horror story about how Tesla finds new ways to screw this process up.

My understanding is that's a TX thing. Truth be told, Tesla demands car be paid in full before you drive off. So either they get all of it from you or part from you balance from lender. In God We Trust, All Others Cash on the Barrel Head.

Before you drive off, yes. Not before you are there taking delivery of the car you have actually seen. It's unbelievable to me how many people are this gullible.. "Sure, take my money. No it's ok, I trust you that you have something for me." Hell, i know a guy in Nigeria who's got a great opportunity for you! :D

Maybe I misunderstood something, but there are definitely shipments going to the east coast right now and before Q3 ended. And lots of them.
I could have sworn I said currently. I spoke to Delivery Central yesterday, as they seem to be the ones driving the cruise ship, she said there is nothing in the queue going east, it's all West Coast and Canada. She added she did not know the rhyme or reason for geographic shifts, speculating Elon wakes up and says, it's time to scratch the Canada itch or the CA itch or the NE itch,etc. I hope there is more rhyme than whim but...we're all here complaining about the same thing, so maybe it really is that simple. Ben Sullins (Teslanomics) stated Monday Tesla is building their own fleet of car carriers. Maybe the rhyme to reason is where they can subcontract several dozen car carriers. If you don't follow him, you should consider it. He and his wife have an S and a 3 and they've earned two roadsters. He'll likely have to sell the first just to pay the taxes on the second. In other words, he's got a huge following.
There is someone on here that spoke a day or two ago and was told West Coast. That's two people effectively told the same thing from Tesla Delivery. Obviously back in Q3 they had shipments, my car was shipped to the wrong place and I was one getting the Sept 26th fire drill text. I count them as 2 failed deliveries.

Reactions: neroden