Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I ended up rejecting my AWD car today. It had shipping damage that was going to require paint work on both rear quarter panels and a deep scratch to the metal in the rear drivers side door jam near the door striker. They are looking for a replacement now.

Good grief.

They need to correct their logistics to improve packing/ wrapping

Was supposed to take delivery at Costa Mesa today. Arrived and was told the car was not available because the battery was not charged and they needed to tow it to a charger in order to detail/verify it. Not sure why that information was given to me only when I arrived - clearly they knew the car had not been detailed if it wasn't even on site at that point. Things were very busy there, granted, but it was a wasted trip.

I'll give them a pass for now, but could have been very problematic for someone who had sold their car or come a very long way. A little concerning because it's a 54XXX VIN and therefore one of the 'oldest' non-P AWD cars out there, AFAIK. Concerned it's been sitting around for a long time, and now planning to inspect extra carefully and reject if any non-minor defect discovered.

Looks like 2-2-2-4 ser to me. Im assuming you are refering to the wire feeding the panel?
Uh! I am not sure what that means..yes, I am familiar with google. I was hoping the subpanel feed from the main panel would support 60a such that I could charge the M3 at full power (48a). I did read where AWG 6 was pretty common for subpanel feed from a main. If I am reading this correctly it should be good for 100a. Yea! Does that sound right?

Was supposed to take delivery at Costa Mesa today. Arrived and was told the car was not available because the battery was not charged and they needed to tow it to a charger in order to detail/verify it. Not sure why that information was given to me only when I arrived - clearly they knew the car had not been detailed if it wasn't even on site at that point. Things were very busy there, granted, but it was a wasted trip.

I'll give them a pass for now, but could have been very problematic for someone who had sold their car or come a very long way. A little concerning because it's a 54XXX VIN and therefore one of the 'oldest' non-P AWD cars out there, AFAIK. Concerned it's been sitting around for a long time, and now planning to inspect extra carefully and reject if any non-minor defect discovered.

Yep, thats why i am not selling my car until I get my new car and drive it for maybe a month or so to make sure all is good. I am sorry, but thats weak response for why car is not ready.

My vin is/was low 54xxx and it was manufactured on 7/26

• Informative
Reactions: Jedi2155
Does anyone know if they do Trade-In Evaluations over the weekend?
My understanding is they don't do trade in evaluations at all. You mail in copious pictures and history, maybe they do a carfax. Tesla told me to go to CarMax, get a written estimate and then take the higher. Strictly speaking they said if you don't like Tesla's offer go to CarMax. Why wait though...be ready up front. To continue they said they would match a CarMax appraisal. A year ago when I test drove an S, the sales guy said they simply go by what CarMax says. Probably they just sell your car to them for their used car lot. I suspect they don't view trade-ins as a revenue source, just a convenience to buyer.

@jelloslug,

So they let you look over the car without having to sign the Docs and hand over the check correct? I’m not going to do that if possible until I look the vehicle over. Some have said they won’t let you see it until you sign and pay to show its “yours” but how can you back out then. You lose total leverage. Others have said they let you look at the vehicle first.

Ski

• Disagree
Reactions: xyeahtony
@jelloslug,

So they let you look over the car without having to sign the Docs and hand over the check correct? I’m not going to do that if possible until I look the vehicle over. Some have said they won’t let you see it until you sign and pay to show its “yours” but how can you back out then. You lose total leverage. Others have said they let you look at the vehicle first.

Ski
I had already paid for it days ago. I got a call this morning telling me that the delivery was off for today because of the scratch. I wanted to see the scratch in person to see if it was really that bad so I went to the store to check it out. They pulled it around front and we checked out the scratch and looked over the entire car. It was at that point when we had discovered the dents. The car had not been prepped for deliver at that point because they stopped when they found the scratch. Once we found the other damage, we decided that we did not want the exterior repainted at all and refused delivery on the car. They understood and started the process of replacing the car right then.

Called today to check if I got a VIN. Sure enough I did! Also have a person assigned to my case already. VIN is in the 64xxx range. Can't remember the last few. Will update the list when I'm home!

I am excited for you. I really need to replace my car and I am hoping to get a VIN assigned soon. It shouldn’t be much longer as a 4/2 reservationist, I hope. I should give them a call too. I assume you call the sales number, right?