Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got an invite to come to the factory and pick up my car tomorrow or Sunday rather than a month from now... The RSVP stated "
  • For financing with a third party bank or credit union, bring a check for the amount you would like to finance
I was going to finance it through a credit union, but I was going to put a chunk down as well. Will Tesla take my check as well? I don't have the final amount to finance, just the estimate on my order page.

I got my date set to pick up on the 27th. Then I got this same email today as well! I have a feeling that it will be a madhouse. I have to try! This is so unexpected and exciting! I hope this happens.

Reactions: tony b
I just got an invite to come to the factory and pick up my car tomorrow or Sunday rather than a month from now... The RSVP stated "
So my third communication from Tesla in two days is the same as yours.

First: Your car is ready on Saturday (tomorrow!)
Second: Your car will be ready on Sept 23rd!
Third: You can come either Saturday or Sunday (tomorrow or the next day) and apparently a car built to my specs may or may not be there ready for pickup.

How can they possibly know how many cars to have on hand in what configuration? They ask me to RSVP... at 7pm this evening for an event that begins tomorrow morning? It is probably a two hours drive to the delivery center. I have no idea how much money to bring. Nobody has contacted me directly. Just hey! Come on down to the party and pick up your car unexpectedly early.

WTF does that even mean? None of the delivery advisors answer texts, emails or phone calls. The customer service folks can give me zero information (no VIN, but I can pick up my car in 13 hours? Great!)

Attached is the meat of the email. Just totally out of the blue. Arrived 6pm this evening.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 19.37.19.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 19.37.19.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 65
  • For financing with a third party bank or credit union, bring a check for the amount you would like to finance
I was going to finance it through a credit union, but I was going to put a chunk down as well. Will Tesla take my check as well? I don't have the final amount to finance, just the estimate on my order page.
+1.. I already have funds transfer in progress, but it takes 3 business days... I have equity line I can write them a check I guess but I can't have sufficient funds in an arch-capable account on such a short notice...

I wonder if thats just another publicity stunt and the chances to pick my exact car are not so great, there are probably a few for first come first serve, the rest would be just in for some sort of promo or upsell oppptunity.. Note the wording there is very careful not to promise any actual delivery, but only a chance of the one.

Oh well I live close enough to Fremont might as well swing by.

+1.. I already have funds transfer in progress, but it takes 3 business days... I have equity line I can write them a check I guess but I can't have sufficient funds in an arch-capable account on such a short notice...

I wonder if thats just another publicity stunt and the chances to pick my exact car are not so great, there are probably a few for first come first serve, the rest would be just in for some sort of promo or upsell oppptunity.. Note the wording there is very careful not to promise any actual delivery, but only a chance of the one.

My invite does not say a chance to pick up my car, it says "As a future Model 3 owner in the Bay Area, this is your opportunity to come pick up your Model 3 this weekend"

Unfortunately I just realized that my wife can't be there this weekend (she is a nurse and works this weekend) and she is on the registration... Let's hope there is another one next week!

I also received the invitation. I think it's a mistake to say come by to pick up your car. The email subject says
Your Invitation: Model 3 Delivery Experience

Subject line sounds like an experience on what to expect on actual delivery in the future. My delivery is scheduled weeks from now.

I also received the invitation. I think it's a mistake to say come by to pick up your car. The email subject says
Your Invitation: Model 3 Delivery Experience

Subject line sounds like an experience on what to expect on actual delivery in the future. My delivery is scheduled weeks from now.

Why do they say opportunity to pick earlier than expected and insist on bringing all the usual requisites.. No I think it will be something like a regular dealer thing, pick, sign, drive.. Dealers do it the same way why can't Tesla. Surely not because they are bound by some web app flow they have built.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-09-07-20-42-09.png
    Screenshot_2018-09-07-20-42-09.png
    203.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Reactions: xcat
Received a second confirmation of my delivery appointment tonight from the same DSA that included instructions for trade in and financing but I still have those options grayed out on my page. The delivery appointment step is checked and the date and time shows on my page, I assume there may be some delay before I can begin submitting info? I’m hesitant to begin any step of the purchase because I just don’t believe it is happening.

Reactions: JFW1103
Question...Like many folks, I got the email and have a scheduled delivery 21 Sep. Follow-up email today asks to ensure profile is complete for paperwork. I had cash payment selected, but now want to change that; however, my option to change it is not on my page because I had chosen cash. Anyone know how I get that option back to change form of payment??? Maybe have to call TESLA?

Received a second confirmation of my delivery appointment tonight from the same DSA that included instructions for trade in and financing but I still have those options grayed out on my page. The delivery appointment step is checked and the date and time shows on my page, I assume there may be some delay before I can begin submitting info? I’m hesitant to begin any step of the purchase because I just don’t believe it is happening.
I got the same email I believe. My financing tab is still gray, and edit design still there.

So my third communication from Tesla in two days is the same as yours.

First: Your car is ready on Saturday (tomorrow!)
Second: Your car will be ready on Sept 23rd!
Third: You can come either Saturday or Sunday (tomorrow or the next day) and apparently a car built to my specs may or may not be there ready for pickup.

How can they possibly know how many cars to have on hand in what configuration? They ask me to RSVP... at 7pm this evening for an event that begins tomorrow morning? It is probably a two hours drive to the delivery center. I have no idea how much money to bring. Nobody has contacted me directly. Just hey! Come on down to the party and pick up your car unexpectedly early.

WTF does that even mean? None of the delivery advisors answer texts, emails or phone calls. The customer service folks can give me zero information (no VIN, but I can pick up my car in 13 hours? Great!)

Attached is the meat of the email. Just totally out of the blue. Arrived 6pm this evening.

Got the same, I RSVPed. If I go tomorrow it will be later in the afternoon because of commitments for most of the day but it will give me a chance to hear from the folks that come in the morning.

On Sunday, 8/12 after test driving the P model at HQ I ordered:
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • Premium Interior
  • Premium White
  • Enhanced Autopilot
I told my Owner Advisor I don't want delivery until early Dec. and she said that is fine. I don't even have a VIN yet, and my account says Oct-Dec.

I received the same email this afternoon. Since I live in Fremont, I'm going to show up to see wtf is going on, but I'm not going to accept any delivery since I haven't even applied for my financing yet, and I'm still happy driving my leased Model X P90D thank you Tesla.

This may be some kind of stunt so Tesla can announce how many cars were delivered over the weekend to help recover the stock price next week? Are they doing this mass "experience" anywhere else? Will we get Kool Aid to drink? :cool:

upload_2018-9-7_21-56-58.png

Tesla literally told me that tonight. So, whatever!
"Tesla" did or some random person nominally employed by Tesla (potentially a contractor rather than an actual employee) did? If it's the later, you're new around here? Because that's an infamously unreliable source of info. Tesla has extremely poor internal communications and message control. You can ask 3 different people on the same showroom floor and get 4 wildly different stories. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On Sunday, 8/12 after test driving the P model at HQ I ordered:
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • Premium Interior
  • Premium White
  • Enhanced Autopilot
I told my Owner Advisor I don't want delivery until early Dec. and she said that is fine. I don't even have a VIN yet, and my account says Oct-Dec.

I received the same email this afternoon. Since I live in Fremont, I'm going to show up to see wtf is going on, but I'm not going to accept any delivery since I haven't even applied for my financing yet, and I'm still happy driving my leased Model X P90D thank you Tesla.

This may be some kind of stunt so Tesla can announce how many cars were delivered over the weekend to help recover the stock price next week? Are they doing this mass "experience" anywhere else? Will we get Kool Aid to drink? :cool:

View attachment 332974

What is so strange about this is how little notice they gave everyone who received this invite, seems like they thought of it last minute. They are clearly having issues delivering this quantity of vehicles and are reaching to deliver as many as possible as quickly as possible this quarter.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
What is so strange about this is how little notice they gave everyone who received this invite, seems like they thought of it last minute. They are clearly having issues delivering this quantity of vehicles and are reaching to deliver as many as possible as quickly as possible this quarter.

Agreed! The only way I'll accept delivery tomorrow is if they let me put the whole thing on my 2% cash rebate Fidelity Visa! :cool: Actually two ways. If they give me a 6-month early turn-in my leased Model X P90D with no mileage overage charges, then I'll take one of their 3's off their hands, too. (My friend was able to turn-in his leased X 6 months early by buying a Model S. I read they will also do that for Model 3 P, but not sure about the AWD...)

It really is delivery "sooner than expected"! Here is the RSVP form. You don't pick date/time just show up whenever.

upload_2018-9-7_22-21-4.png

Good to hear that I'm not the only one skeptical of this "experience" at Fremont this weekend. Please post here when you figure out what's going on! I can't make it Saturday. I *could* make it Sunday. But I really, REALLY don't wish to waste my day without knowing what they'll have available. None of the three (#!) delivery advisors who have contacted me in the past two days have responded to my reply (that they requested). Showing up with no knowledge of what's going on, and what to expect is just not worth my 4-hour round-trip.

Do they have *my* car? I've not been convinced of that.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
Good to hear that I'm not the only one skeptical of this "experience" at Fremont this weekend. Please post here when you figure out what's going on! I can't make it Saturday. I *could* make it Sunday. But I really, REALLY don't wish to waste my day without knowing what they'll have available. None of the three (#!) delivery advisors who have contacted me in the past two days have responded to my reply (that they requested). Showing up with no knowledge of what's going on, and what to expect is just not worth my 4-hour round-trip.

Do they have *my* car? I've not been convinced of that.
I bet there's going to be a giant list of car ready to go where Tesla can look up and assign it to you right on the spot.