Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3 pm pacific. So I guess we'll see if I get it by end of today. The VIN isn't autogenerated is it? I figured some person is still updating those manually in our accounts.

From what I've observed and confirmed with my DA, the VIN may in fact be assigned (manual or automatic, I don't know), it just won't display until at least seven days prior. In my case, my original appointment was for 3pm and I noticed the VIN was there at close to 6pm, seven days prior. This may have something to do with the fact that while my appointment was in fact for 3pm, it came across as 5pm in the calendar appointment due to the bad timezone coding on it. Since you're on the west coast, it may in fact show up exactly at the minute of your appointment, but check again a couple of hours later if it does not. My appointment has since moved and the VIN disappeared. My DA advised me that it would reappear seven days prior (so tomorrow afternoon I'll know for sure). I know I still have it because it's listed in my MVPA.

7/28 ordered ** have 3/31/16 res unused still.
MSM Aeros EAP black AWD non-p (Dedham delivery)
8/10 +FSD
9/14 lost edit & got asked to complete finance (also approved that day)
9/18 got finance to update down payment, & clicked confirm
9/20 edit still gone but my payment area is reset and indicates they’ll contact me as we get closer to apply for credit.

So confused right now. Why do a hard check on my credit and then reset it? Sheesh.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
2-5 days for what? What does re-tasked mean?
They have repeated stated and been quoted on here they do not give out VINs until 2-5 days before delivery.
Retask means rather than going to me they sent it elsewhere. It was heading to me. I got a voice message to call to set up an delivery appt and they pulled the VIN and date off my acct. It's been retasked to something/someone else.

Reactions: asianxtreme
They have repeated stated and been quoted on here they do not give out VINs until 2-5 days before delivery.
Retask means rather than going to me they sent it elsewhere. It was heading to me. I got a voice message to call to set up an delivery appt and they pulled the VIN and date off my acct. It's been retasked to something/someone else.
I you have a MVPA, it should be stated on that.

New poster to the forum.

AWD, Long Range, Obsidian Black, Black Premium Interior, non-performance, no EAP, 19" Sport Wheels

Reserved 1/24
Configured 6/28 (day of invite)
Edit Button Vanished 9/9
Delivery Invite Received 9/18
VIN/MVPA received 9/20
Delivery on track for 9/28 - Columbus, OH SC
Financing through Allegacy FCU - 2.29% - 60 mos

Getting excited, but a bit nervous given all I've read regarding delivery challenges. Anyone have a positive experience to share with the Columbus OH SC?

New poster to the forum.

AWD, Long Range, Obsidian Black, Black Premium Interior, non-performance, no EAP, 19" Sport Wheels

Reserved 1/24
Edit Button Vanished 9/9
VIN/MVPA received 9/20

Getting excited, but a bit nervous given all I've read regarding delivery challenges. Anyone have a positive experience to share with the Columbus OH SC?

What VIN?

I was scheduled to take delivery this morning and was notified yesterday afternoon that they had to "take me off the schedule" because my car wasn't even in production yet. I was told that someone "may" reach out to me after a few weeks to re-schedule a new delivery appointment. I had arranged to sell my vehicle a few days before I took delivery so now I'm stuck without a car for who knows how long. I understand a delay for whatever reason.... but to be completely removed from the schedule with no other info other than "you may hear from someone in a few weeks" is absurd! I've been an avid Tesla fan for years and have referred 3 friends (who ordered after and already took delivery). The car is unbelievable.... but even that at some point will not overcome the absolute horrible service they have! Simple communication goes a long ways. Oh, and why the hell can't a multi-billion dollar publicly traded company figure out how to put together a production and delivery schedule?? Thanks for letting me vent! ;)

I was scheduled to take delivery this morning and was notified yesterday afternoon that they had to "take me off the schedule" because my car wasn't even in production yet. I was told that someone "may" reach out to me after a few weeks to re-schedule a new delivery appointment. I had arranged to sell my vehicle a few days before I took delivery so now I'm stuck without a car for who knows how long. I understand a delay for whatever reason.... but to be completely removed from the schedule with no other info other than "you may hear from someone in a few weeks" is absurd! I've been an avid Tesla fan for years and have referred 3 friends (who ordered after and already took delivery). The car is unbelievable.... but even that at some point will not overcome the absolute horrible service they have! Simple communication goes a long ways. Oh, and why the hell can't a multi-billion dollar publicly traded company figure out how to put together a production and delivery schedule?? Thanks for letting me vent! ;)
My details:
Reserved: 4/5/16
Ordered late June within minutes of the flood gates being open.
AWD
OBM
Black Interior
Tempe delivery location

That sucks. Sorry dude.

Reactions: larryj and tony b
New poster to the forum.

Reserved 1/24
Edit Button Vanished 9/9
VIN/MVPA received 9/20

Hello, are you a previous Tesla owner?

My delivery was originally scheduled Sept. 24th, then they called to move it up to Sept. 17th. Got phone call the night before moving it to Sept. 19th, and then again a call late the day before moving it again to the 20th. My delivery center is Seattle SODO, and I used the delivery tracker another member posted for OVISS showing the car having been trucked to Tacoma, WA back on the 14th... Tacoma is actually closer to me than Seattle, and the car has been there for 5 days now with no movement? Making no sense to me... I'll flatbed the thing to Seattle on my own dime if that's what it takes... what is going on?

Was just informed from the SoDo delivery center that cars arrive on-site as late as the day prior to the delivery appointment. There's a massive staging area in Tacoma where they centralize all the cars before going off to the only two DCs in the area: SoDo and Bellevue-20th St.

United Road says that my VIN is still at an "overflow logistics lot" in Fremont and my delivery appointment is Monday, 9/24. Crossing my fingers that it gets here on time and in one (detailed) piece, my loan is already accruing interest!

Pickup is completed, somewhat bittersweet after such an extended wait.

Could not find any exterior issues with the car. Charge port door not perfect, but none of the ones there were perfect.... some minor issues with how window seals appeared to fit (I pushed them back in and they seemed to fit okay after that).

Delivery was super quick.... I literally could have driven off after just 15 minutes since I was a cash buyer with no trade in. The guy who did the delivery is part of the solar division and didn't know a whole lot about the product. They were quite nice about letting me look it over carefully but I felt a bit silly doing it since it was in good condition.

Car has a few issues, which is always a disappointment to me on purchase of a brand new vehicle, you would think they would some of this prior to delivery.

• Left turn signal doesn't work right, never resets after completing a turn. A search shows this is a known issue that has been reported numerous times in another forum. Requires replacement of steering control module. Yeah... my brand new car needs service.
  • A little floaty on the highway, need to check tire pressures.
  • much more pronounced wind noise than what I experienced on the RWD one I rented.
  • There is a slight rattle coming from the front cockpit area, not sure what is causing it. Only had the car for an hour.
Acceleration is very good, on par with the BMW this will replace. Handling is good but I think that the RWD is a bit better from a pure "sports" feeling.

That's all for now.
Congratulations!