Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And it really depends on who you speak with, because another person just haga me my VIN! ;)
093xxx. Is that good or bad?
Upon reflection I don't think getting a VIN is particularly meaningful. Giving you a VIN is not a promise to sell you that car. Giving you a signed MVPA is a promise to sell you that car and it includes the specific car (VIN). This is why banks and credit unions require the promise to transfer ownership, remember, they take the title until the loan is paid in full.

Happened to be in the area (I promise, I really was) so I dropped by the Alpharetta SC today to check in with them and see what was going on. No VIN for me, but there is a car matching my EXACT configuration (AWD, MSM, Black interior, 18” Aeros) on site waiting for delivery. It was scheduled for 9/28 delivery apparently for someone from Alabama who couldn’t make it so they bumped it to today for him. And now they tell me they have bumped it to this weekend b/c he can’t make it today. I asked them to double check to make sure he was still getting the car, because I can take delivery today, or right now. I don’t want to steal some dude’s car but if he’s having second thoughts or just needs more time, I’ll gladly help out. Yep, they are sure, he’s getting it this weekend.

So, Mr. Alabama guy, if you are reading this I have a proposal for you. I’ll give you $200 cash to give up that car and wait for the next one that should appear in the next couple of weeks. You see, I already sold my car so right now I’m renting a car at my own expense until I take delivery. And I’m going out of town tomorrow until next weekend, so after today it will be almost 2 weeks before I can take delivery. Therefore giving you $200 is roughly splitting the savings I’ll realize by not renting a car for the next 2 weeks. But you have to do this in time for me to take delivery tonight, so pretty much now. Think it over, and PM me.

Oh, and if you agree to this you’ll also be helping me cure a severe case of FIA! :)

Oh, and if you agree to this you’ll also be helping me cure a severe case of FIA! :)
Um....That isn't like boofing or devil's triangle is it??? There is all these new words in our lexicon. I suppose I could google it but where's the fun in that?

I'm getting dismayed again with the Tesla delivery model. Good news I suppose is I can do the same thing. after the car arrives, defer pickup until I get a signed MVPS w/vin plus 24 hours to get final financial commitment and give SC time to detail the car properly.

I'm on a first name basis with the Alpharetta store. They can't tell me anything. Las Vegas isn't even picking up the phone today. Goes right to voicemail (which I kind of get. They could use a day off.) What number do you call at the mothership?

Dan

Dan, try the Tesla Delivery Hotline (at least that’s what I call it) at 888-771-2505. I called this afternoon after I left Alpharetta and got right though, not a single second of hold music. Spoke with a very nice lady who couldn’t really tell me anything except “hang in there, it should be soon.” She did look up my account and take a few moments to search their list of available matching cars, and said she had one in Washington state and in Ontario! Yeah, a bit too far for me to pick up from Atlanta and by the time they could ship it here they would probably have one shipped from Fremont. Also, for what it’s worth, she told me to call them 3 times a day if I want to, that’s what they are there for. Again really polite and helpful, even if she ultimately couldn’t do anything for me.

Good luck Dan.

Dan, try the Tesla Delivery Hotline (at least that’s what I call it) at 888-771-2505. I called this afternoon after I left Alpharetta and got right though, not a single second of hold music. Spoke with a very nice lady who couldn’t really tell me anything except “hang in there, it should be soon.” She did look up my account and take a few moments to search their list of available matching cars, and said she had one in Washington state and in Ontario! Yeah, a bit too far for me to pick up from Atlanta and by the time they could ship it here they would probably have one shipped from Fremont. Also, for what it’s worth, she told me to call them 3 times a day if I want to, that’s what they are there for. Again really polite and helpful, even if she ultimately couldn’t do anything for me.

Good luck Dan.
Thanks, I'll do that.

Dan

Is the local delivery center supposed to reach out to you confirming delivery before you pick up your car? I have a delivery scheduled tomorrow at 8pm. I have a VIN and MVPA, but I haven't heard from the local delivery center that my car is there. Do they always reach out? If so, when?

Tesla Model 3 front passenger view.jpg

3/31/16 Res / 7/9/18 Config / MSM LR AWD PUP 18 Aeros no FSD/EAP Black interior Cash payment no trade in
Delivery appointment Portland, Oregon 9/28/18 at 2pm. Arrived early, but got out of there with my new Model 3 at 6 pm. Since there was so much waiting around I wandered the lot looking at all the cars. They had white markings on the windows with the VIN so I found mine before it had been detailed. I saw cars with appointment dates for the same day and also next day. They're delivering 100 cars a day in Portland so they're getting them in and shipping them out. I heard they have some overflow parked across the river at OMSI somewhere. If you're expecting a delivery in the next few days, I don't think it would hurt to just wander around the lot and try to find your VIN. At least it gives you a sense it is real!

In any event, I have to echo all the positive comments here on this forum about this miraculous car. Everything is wonderful now that I have mine. Thank you Tesla! Here is a picture of mine.

Is the local delivery center supposed to reach out to you confirming delivery before you pick up your car? I have a delivery scheduled tomorrow at 8pm. I have a VIN and MVPA, but I haven't heard from the local delivery center that my car is there. Do they always reach out? If so, when?
I just posted about my experience above. If you have an appt for tomorrow, just go over to the center and look for your car. Maybe you'll find it sitting there waiting to be detailed.

Reactions: TechSavvyWife
Welp. I guess I should of known it was too good to be true. Good news, I have a VIN they’re assuring is mine.

The bad news? It’s my turn to wait 3 weeks for delivery because it just finished production. They rescheduled me to Oct 22 which kinda stinks since I got a cashier’s check today but I guess I knew this was a distinct possibility.

Here’s hoping Elon already has his own car carriers built so it comes sooner.

Welp. I guess I should of known it was too good to be true. Good news, I have a VIN they’re assuring is mine.

The bad news? It’s my turn to wait 3 weeks for delivery because it just finished production. They rescheduled me to Oct 22 which kinda stinks since I got a cashier’s check today but I guess I knew this was a distinct possibility.

Well, at least you have SOME certainty this time. And FWIW I just can’t imagine it taking 3 weeks to ship a car across the country. I’m thinking 7 - 10 days plus some prep time on either end, so here’s hoping you actually take delivery in 2 weeks or less.

Congrats! Sorry I missed you. Was looking for someone dressed all in red......your car looks gorgeous! Great shot. Sorry you had to wait so long. Not sure why I got pushed through so fast, although my original time yesterday went from 1:30 to 6. Did they give you copy of paperwork? Trying to decide where to drive today (does it really matter?). Enjoy!
Well I had an orange/red shirt on, haha. Glad your delivery didn't take as long as ours. They did not give us a copy of the paperwork and we forgot to ask. But we had signed the MVPA online, and we had printed a copy of it off, and it shows their signature and ours, so I think we're good as far as paperwork goes. Hope you got in a good drive yesterday. We visited my in-laws because they live 2 hours away and we needed an excuse to take it for a drive. Found out my sis-in-law just bought a Bolt, so my father-in-law has agreed to install a 240 volt charger in his garage for his 2 EV offspring.

Well, at least you have SOME certainty this time. And FWIW I just can’t imagine it taking 3 weeks to ship a car across the country. I’m thinking 7 - 10 days plus some prep time on either end, so here’s hoping you actually take delivery in 2 weeks or less.

Speaking of which, any idea on how long a trade-in eval is good for? They gave me a good one, don’t want to lose it.

Dang ...but 10/22 just sounds like today’s date + 7x3. Hmm...maybe it’s the new Tesla - “if it’s gonna be 7 tell them 14 and if it’s gonna be 10 tell them 21”

So what I’m really saying is...hopefully it’s 10/13 delivery for you :)

I was told a month till mine...interesting they asked me to apply for financing 9/14. Does not make sense. Hopefully they are doubling it all around now.

Anyone here with the retired color options SM or OBM still waiting for delivery???

I got a text from Tesla to take delivery on 9/30 but that was canceled right after (as others have also experienced).

What do you guys think? I was hoping that these color options were going to be prioritized, but no luck so far...

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
And it really depends on who you speak with, because another person just gave me my VIN! ;)
093xxx. Is that good or bad?
The one I received 4 hours before schedule delivery wasn't the one I ended up with. First one was 115xx, but the actual is 934xx, build date 9/18. No worries here, the VINs are largely random and in general don't indicate build date. Now, if you had a low VIN and an earlier build date, then worry. And ask.

Reactions: fallen888