Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So then I call my local service center in Devon, PA, where we (the 3 is actually for my wife) would be taking delivery.
I think you mean 10/27 delivery. Didn't see the "Mr. Fusion time travel" option in the configurator.

I think you're solid for delivery. We had a similar scenario in Devon.

- Informed there was a VIN, 9/28 delivery appointment set when I called to check on order status Sept 5. Car was very likely in transit. It was trucked from Fremont to BNRR Richmond, CA terminal 8/30. Looked it up on Open Road once I had the VIN.

- Two subsequent improvements in delivery schedule. First was when I emailed DS Sept 10 to point out we had funds on hand, no trade-in and would be happy to take an earlier delivery slot if our car or one matching its specs were available. I hadn't been clear during the initial call. Another DS called back and delivery improved to 9/22. BNRR shows 7 - 8 days transit Richmond to Chicago, so car was probably headed to NJ from Chicago. This would raise Tesla scheduler confidence about delivery.

- Second improvement when I called Devon 9/20 to confirm car would be ready 9/22. When Delivery person said it was already on the lot, I again offered to take earlier delivery if it would make their life easier. He jumped on the chance to open a Saturday time slot, delivery improved to 9/21.

- Car was ready as scheduled, Delivery took place shortly after scheduled time. Took advantage of the delay to inspect the car. Left passenger door misaligned, Frunk slightly too low, a few other adjustments. Will have them resolved at first service.

I suggest a polite response to every communication to confirm the information, thank them for their time and offer to take earlier delivery if your situation allows it.

I didn't see it until I hit F5 (refresh)

weird mine still says this on mobile and Mac; signed out and refreshed etc
im convinced my account has never been "complete" but the delivery advisor says "everything is good"
its been saying were drafting up contract since august.
end finance deal runs out oct 22; we shall see

stupid forum anxiety

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 8.58.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 8.58.21 AM.png
    139.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 8.59.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 8.59.38 AM.png
    479 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: neroden
im convinced my account has never been "complete" but the delivery advisor says "everything is good"

stupid forum anxiety

Are you one of the “scheduled for late Sept delivery, cancelled, nothing but crickets since then” crowd? If so we’re in the same boat and since misery loves company, welcome aboard! But if you never even got the late Sept delivery scheduled I would say something is wrong with your account. In that case call them and be polite, but let them know you have never been contacted about delivery and with a June order that seems to be an outlier. Of course it may not help, but if you talk to someone who is willing to dig a bit then it just might. Good luck!

• Love
I logged in to my account today and noticed that it is now prompting for the final payment. It also has the MVPA with a VIN. It isn't on the page yet though.

I technically have a delivery scheduled for two weeks out. Should I expect a call that it is early since I already have a VIN, or does that not mean much?
Keep an eye on the appointment shown in your account. Mine disappeared when the first delivery was cancelled, then was never updated with the home delivery that came and went. It was also updated as soon as my VIN changed so I think it is pretty much real time. Except now I’m waiting for it to show the delivery was completed so my phone app will work.

Are you one of the “scheduled for late Sept delivery, cancelled, nothing but crickets since then” crowd? If so we’re in the same boat and since misery loves company, welcome aboard! But if you never even got the late Sept delivery scheduled I would say something is wrong with your account. In that case call them and be polite, but let them know you have never been contacted about delivery and with a June order that seems to be an outlier. Of course it may not help, but if you talk to someone who is willing to dig a bit then it just might. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply. I probably will call.
I got the text last week and called and they scheduled me for delivery and obviously cancelled.
My delivery advisor,who the scheduler assigned me last week when I called, has been very responsive. Says end of the month but no vin; just “your car is in Fremont and 10/29 to east coast. But “they’ll know more later.”
I’m actually a little concerned that many of us will not get before jan 1. Really that’s what I care about but would prefer to use my secured financing that expires 10/22

• Informative
Reactions: VKM3
@thorg12 I have the same concern. I have zero confidence they will get me a car by the end of the year. I have a Sept-Nov window. They're scheduling to end of October by now and I've heard nothing.
Here's hoping they learned their lesson and are taking a page from Apple. That is to under promise and over deliver. I'm told my car will arrive Oct 15th by my rep in Fremont. My SC said they want to schedule me for Oct 22nd. I'm hopeful it's closer to the former and my SC wants to provide a bit of wiggle room/cushion.

Reactions: webdbbt

stupid forum anxiety
It'll be on the main page with the picture of the car. Both my CU and Tesla has said do not apply for financing until the car is about to be delivered. Too many Lucy and the Football moves appear to be taking place at Tesla. I'd wait until the service center tells you "we have your car prepped and ready for delivery" to apply.

Welcome to the “your car is in transit” club. We’ll see how this goes but I’m hopeful things will be less chaotic now that the EOQ push is over.
How many people given a Oct 22nd date have gotten it unsolicited. In other words, they reached out to you as opposed to you reaching out to them? I mentioned the other day calling the delivery hot line and spoke with "Jim" he was constantly interrupting me and talking over me, saying "I know what you're about to say". WHAT?? No, he actually didn't but it was clear under that forced politeness he was seething. This whole thing started with me early Sept with a text my car was enroute via train, a DA was assigned, and to call to set up an appointment for delivery.
What troubles me about the end of Sept, "opps, my bad" we don't have a car matching your order is that, it appears, either they never did so why the text, or it was given to someone else.. For me, that's unforgivable. It's just ****ing with customers. I suspect all these Oct 22nd dates are the same.

• Informative
It'll be on the main page with the picture of the car. Both my CU and Tesla has said do not apply for financing until the car is about to be delivered. Too many Lucy and the Football moves appear to be taking place at Tesla. I'd wait until the service center tells you "we have your car prepped and ready for delivery" to apply.
Unfortunately I secured the financing on aug 22 through my tesla account I didn’t know better

• Informative