Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally , it's all over and brought the black beauty to home in a 24 hr period. Reserved/Ordered 8/11/18..Blue /AWD and got the Oct 31st delivery with a 117XXX VIN and then when CT screwed the EV incentive starting 10/15, scrambled to get a car asap and Tesla folks told there is not even a single car available in 200 mile radius. Tesla offered a RWD blue on Nov 5th so took it to offset the lack of incentive for AWD going forward but then last night 7 pm ET able to find a black AWD with 19" wheels ready for delivery (customer cancelation) with the help of a nice Tesla employee in Natick , MA mall. Took delivery @ 4.30 ET today and the car is pretty much flawless on the first cut except for some minor condensation issue on the right tail gate/brake lamp unit. Tesla folks told me to keep an eye on it and if it get worse will replace the unit. Have to cross the finger now and wait to see whether will get the $3K CT incentive as the DMV registration cutoff is 10/14 which I doubt Tesla will make it.. but per Tesla, only actual sale date matters the most than the reg date as they will still register as of the sale date. We didn't plan for solid black and but it does look sharp after started to pay attention.

They have tons of cars in Mt. Kisco,NY and noticed 4 or 5 other delivered along with me. It was very quite and everyone was super nice and no pressure at all. Enjoyed the delivery experience and the car is AWESOME.. hug's the road and sweat to drive for ever. Good luck for folks who are waiting..

Visited Tesla Dedham - near Boston - last night to Supercharge. No charger at our nearby hotel. Looked at 3’s set up for delivery while waiting.

Lowest VIN - 60xxx. Monroney on dashboard said manufactured 09/2018. Clearly anticipating production date anxiety.

Highest VIN - 170xxx. Didn’t see Monroney.

Also, P3D+ “Marketing” (Demo) at SuperCharger with VIN 50xxx.

You do the math.

Reactions: webdbbt
Visited Tesla Dedham - near Boston - last night to Supercharge. No charger at our nearby hotel. Looked at 3’s set up for delivery while waiting.

Lowest VIN - 60xxx. Monroney on dashboard said manufactured 09/2018. Clearly anticipating production date anxiety.

Highest VIN - 170xxx. Didn’t see Monroney.

Also, P3D+ “Marketing” (Demo) at SuperCharger with VIN 50xxx.

You do the math.
Tesla has not registered VINs that high. May is was a 17xxx ?

Alright friends, I have my car. Picked it up from Austin texas service center yesterday evening.I am over the moon. I am extremely happy with the fit, finish, and build of my car, it is flawless. I had to be a complete stalker to get my car when I did. The process is a cluster, the communication between logistics, delivery and service/delivery teams is terrible.

The product tho.... guys....everything people say about the driving experience is true. The white interior is soft to the touch and firm (for a big guy like me) and supportive. The handling...the handling is insane. And fast....I would say its bordering on offensive...in a good way...I'm not knew to fast cars, I've had bmw m3's, awd tuned turbocharged imports, but this is something of a different animal. I cant imagine a performance model..the non-P is a riot and I cant wait to hear all of your stories. i will stay on this thread for the first drive accounts alone. Hold tight and advocate for your order. stay on these clowns and you will be fine.

Im convinced they gave away my first vin at eoq rush. but right now i dont care.
zazu.JPG