Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those that are still here that have done this, i seem to remember people mentioning that they had someone ping their car to see its exact location. Who did you have do that? No one i talk to seems to be able to do that. My IDA says my car left Richmond, CA Saturday and will be in Stl by Thursday. But it was in transit to the facility a week before that so i am doubtful of this information. Especially since i am supposed to have delivery on Friday and originally it was supposed to in Stl on today.
Local delivery advisor at the sales center.

I assume this happens only when you're fully paid off? The only outstanding amount I have left is the financing through Tesla. So I guess I don't get to sign it until delivery?

I got mine via email yesterday, so 6 days before scheduled delivery. Had the signed MVPA on my account a week ago that I printed and used at my CU to get them to print the check for the financed amount in advance. Other than my initial res fee and deposit I haven’t paid Tesla anything yet. I think I’ll wait to sign the document until this weekend when I take delivery, unless someone here thinks that will dramatically delay the process.

I assume this happens only when you're fully paid off? The only outstanding amount I have left is the financing through Tesla. So I guess I don't get to sign it until delivery?

I got mine today after the delivery appointment was set and the payment portal was opened up. I paid the difference of what was due vs what financing was paying and the email was there practically the same time, so not sure if tied to that pay off, or just the portal opening, or being 2 days from delivery...

My IDA first emailed a .pdf copy with only Tesla signature. I printed it out, signed and gave it to my CU for financing. The email with the link to e-sign came that same afternoon. I really didn’t need it at that point. But I e-signed it and received another email with a .pdf with both signatures. This is supposed to be uploaded to your account. However in my case, even after more than 2 weeks of delivery, they have only posted, the initial pdf with Tesla signature, to my account.

I got mine via email yesterday, so 6 days before scheduled delivery. Had the signed MVPA on my account a week ago that I printed and used at my CU to get them to print the check for the financed amount in advance. Other than my initial res fee and deposit I haven’t paid Tesla anything yet. I think I’ll wait to sign the document until this weekend when I take delivery, unless someone here thinks that will dramatically delay the process.
That's what I did. Went to delivery with two checks. One from me for my down payment and one for the remaining balance from my credit union. Paperwork literally took 5 minutes. Good luck! Glad you're getting your car!

Dan

That's what I did. Went to delivery with two checks. One from me for my down payment and one for the remaining balance from my credit union. Paperwork literally took 5 minutes. Good luck! Glad you're getting your car!

Dan
Dan - did they take a personal check from you or did you need to do bank check? I'm supposedly picking up saturday and I guess I will call them to be sure about accepted methods of payment, but just wanted to get an idea.

Also - my tesla account page now says "please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery" -- I assume I can just bring them a check on delivery day, right? I don't really want to submit payment before I actually inspect the car.

btw how is that car treating you?!

I received an email last night titled "Confirmed: Model 3 Delivery Appointment"

The first line reads Delivery Appointment Confirmation.

It then goes on to show my scheduled appointment on 10/19 @ 9AM.
I never received this the last time, and this car was supposed to arrive by 10/17 at the SC.

Should I be so presumptuous to assume this is now truly happening?
Wife laughing and telling me they're playing me again. She'll believe it when she sees it. :oops:

I received an email last night titled "Confirmed: Model 3 Delivery Appointment"

The first line reads Delivery Appointment Confirmation.

It then goes on to show my scheduled appointment on 10/19 @ 9AM.
I never received this the last time, and this car was supposed to arrive by 10/17 at the SC.

Should I be so presumptuous to assume this is now truly happening?
Wife laughing and telling me they're playing me again. She'll believe it when she sees it. :oops:
Same for my wife!

Yeah, there are demo models that they can sit it and play with.

these are the little driveable ones or do you mean actual cars that they can mess around in?

Dan - did they take a personal check from you or did you need to do bank check? I'm supposedly picking up saturday and I guess I will call them to be sure about accepted methods of payment, but just wanted to get an idea.

Also - my tesla account page now says "please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery" -- I assume I can just bring them a check on delivery day, right? I don't really want to submit payment before I actually inspect the car.

btw how is that car treating you?!
Yup, just a personal check for my part, and then I had a check from my credit union for the rest.

I had that same thing on my page for about two weeks prior to my delivery. I just ignored it. I figured they already had $3,500 of my money, they could wait until I saw the actual car before they got the rest. It won't be an issue...or at least it wasn't for me.

Dan

Reactions: FrancoNY
I've been lurking on this thread for a long time and it seems like the activity has slowed down quite a bit in the last few weeks. I'm guessing a lot of posters have not gotten theirs cars and have moved on to more important things. I'm glad people are finally getting their cars, but i'm starting to get serious FIA. Based on whats been posted, seems like I should be getting some traction soon...

Reserved July 2017
Ordered June 28, 2018
AWD, pearl white, black interior, 18's
Home delivery in Michigan

I was contacted by a DA on September 20th and told to put in my financing info so they could schedule my delivery but after that, its been silence. My DA doesn't respond to calls or texts and all I get from customer service is that there is no VIN assigned to me. Now my loan pre-approval is going to expire in a few days.

Sure hope the car is as good as everyone says!

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I got my Email on Saturday, sent payment by ACH on Monday, confirmed yesterday (Tuesday) and given a delivery date of 10/27. I am in Dallas, so everything has to be fully paid before they ship. I'm not counting on them getting the car shipped, prepped and readied for delivery in 11 days, but it will be a nice surprise if it actually happens.

Reserved 2/9/18
Configured 6/30/18
Blue/Black
AWD
18"
EAP

• Informative
Reactions: neroden