Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been lurking on this thread for a long time and it seems like the activity has slowed down quite a bit in the last few weeks. I'm guessing a lot of posters have not gotten theirs cars and have moved on to more important things. I'm glad people are finally getting their cars, but i'm starting to get serious FIA. Based on whats been posted, seems like I should be getting some traction soon...

Troy's spreadsheet is also showing less action lately and my estimated delivery time is getting into the danger zone. I'm hoping it's just people losing interest in tracking every detail now that the ramp has...ramped, and not bothering to update the spreadsheet after taking delivery.

Right?

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I have a delivery appointment for 10/26 (M3, blue, AWD, 19" wheels), and the Vegas call center gave me a VIN over the phone. My account page has the "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement" but it isn't signed, and there's no way to upload it after I print out and sign it myself. There's no VIN, but the appointment is on the page.

I'm just wondering, has anyone else actually been able to get a VIN, sign the MVPA, get the ACH on the website, and take delivery without ever speaking to a delivery advisor? I supposedly have one, but they've never called or emailed me.

• Informative
I have a delivery appointment for 10/26 (M3, blue, AWD, 19" wheels), and the Vegas call center gave me a VIN over the phone. My account page has the "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement" but it isn't signed, and there's no way to upload it after I print out and sign it myself. There's no VIN, but the appointment is on the page.

I'm just wondering, has anyone else actually been able to get a VIN, sign the MVPA, get the ACH on the website, and take delivery without ever speaking to a delivery advisor? I supposedly have one, but they've never called or emailed me.
I have had to contact my Delivery Advisor first 100% of the time, they don't seem to reach out unless you do it first.

Reserved Oct 2016
Ordered June 2018
Changed from MSM to Black on 9/12, but was never reflected...
Email on 10/11 with home delivery, original color, scheduled 11/9. MVPA and VIN included.
Non-owner.

During this process I was able to drive a Performance model and decided I wanted one instead of my previous order. So I cancelled the above (which of course hasn't been reflected yet) and ordered a AWD MSM P. Salesperson at Tesla told me 4-6 weeks for a P model.

I'm sure I'll take some sh&t for cancelling when I had a delivery scheduled and VIN...

That said, grateful for the folks who work at the dealerships. They are getting slammed because of corporate's incompetence.

• Love
Reserved Oct 2016
Ordered June 2018
Changed from MSM to Black on 9/12, but was never reflected...
Email on 10/11 with home delivery, original color, scheduled 11/9. MVPA and VIN included.
Non-owner.

During this process I was able to drive a Performance model and decided I wanted one instead of my previous order. So I cancelled the above (which of course hasn't been reflected yet) and ordered a AWD MSM P. Salesperson at Tesla told me 4-6 weeks for a P model.

I'm sure I'll take some sh&t for cancelling when I had a delivery scheduled and VIN...

That said, grateful for the folks who work at the dealerships. They are getting slammed because of corporate's incompetence.

I'm sure someone on the East Coast will be happy to suddenly have a AWD MSM available! And that folks is how things suddenly become available. OP, hope you get your P3 before the end of the year.

I have delivery tentatively scheduled for 10/26. I am getting a Model 3 AWD black with 19” wheels. I have downloaded delivery checklists, ordered all weather floor mats, and I am getting bids on installing a Tesla mobile connector in my garage.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

Also, I have seen some posts about people ordering the Model 3 Peeformance and questioning whether Tesla actually gave them a performance version. Is there any simple way to see if my car is actually AWD vs RWD? How can this be physically verified? Is the front motor visible by looking under the car? Is AWD also shown in the software somewhere?

Thanks.

I'm sure someone on the East Coast will be happy to suddenly have a AWD MSM available! And that folks is how things suddenly become available. OP, hope you get your P3 before the end of the year.

Thanks! I actually cancelled it on 10/4, the day I ordered my P+ and a week before I was assigned a VIN for it, but it's still in my account...so unfortunately, due to weak customer service / logistics systems, no one is getting my AWD anytime soon. I hope they do release it soon though.

Update #597 (feels like it)

I called today and found out my car has finally left Atlanta (after 10 days) and is headed to ???
The reason I say that is my Tesla page also changed today to "delivery appointment at ##place##" where it had said Tampa before that. My IDA has gone awol but when I called the 888 delivery hotline they could at least tell me the car was on the road and located about 100 miles south of Atlanta. I plan to call the Tampa delivery center tomorrow as the car should have arrived today. Delivery scheduled for Sat
Wish me luck

Yes, I have (except for the ACH, I paid with a cashiers check and a loan check at delivery). I took delivery at the end of quarter push and have been extremely happy with the car for the last 2.5 weeks. No contact whatsoever, just updates on the website. When I walked in the delivery center they had me log in to my telsa app and the car was sitting 100 yards away with 41% charge. It has been excitement ever since!