Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD non-performance HP and Torque?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even if software limited I'm still curious what the performance ratings are compared both to the MR (RWD), LR (RWD), LR (P-AWD)... in addition to other competitive vehicles in its class. I do agree the AWD-P will be very telling as well.

I don't think I've seen any P dynoed videos yet either.

I think the Dyno results will be interesting for both the AWD and Performance.

I am also confident that both will be higher than what Tesla clams.

I find it odd that no one has Dyno'd either AWD or the Performance model

I wonder if the Performance Dyno results will show close to 500 hp

Do we need to start some kind of gofundme for someone to get the M3D and M3D+ dyno'd? I'd throw in a couple bucks out of curiosity.
I'm happy to have my M3D dyno'd and share the results with all here. I can setup a go fund me. think the dyno runs in my area are about $100 for 3 runs. Let me know the interest and i'll do it!

Edit: setup go fundme: local shop said they can do it ASAP and interested to see results as well!
Click here to support Tesla organized by Scott Francis

Last edited:
Let’s do this!

Attachments

• 52406BC1-2B25-4D8D-8148-FD1AFA4E93B0.jpeg
    52406BC1-2B25-4D8D-8148-FD1AFA4E93B0.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
I'm curious about this too.

I rented a M3 RWD LR car for a day with Turo and that's what convinced me to purchased a M3. Fast forward a month and I have my car now, a M3D (AWD non P to be clear). For some reason the acceleration does not seem as fierce in my M3D. Now this could be because I already drove a M3 and was expecting the massive performance but it could also be a few other things.
-Notably software detuning or throttling as has been suggested is going on in the M3D.
-Possibly due to the extra grip provided by front motor then no TC kicks in meaning the acceleration is incredibly smooth with the AWD car.

It would be cool to be able to dyno a M3D and M3DP in the same session on the same dyno with same states of charge if possible. To throw it out I'll pay to have my car dynoed in CO if a M3DP owner wants to also do it at the same time.

I'm curious about this too.

I rented a M3 RWD LR car for a day with Turo and that's what convinced me to purchased a M3. Fast forward a month and I have my car now, a M3D (AWD non P to be clear). For some reason the acceleration does not seem as fierce in my M3D. Now this could be because I already drove a M3 and was expecting the massive performance but it could also be a few other things.
-Notably software detuning or throttling as has been suggested is going on in the M3D.
-Possibly due to the extra grip provided by front motor then no TC kicks in meaning the acceleration is incredibly smooth with the AWD car.

It would be cool to be able to dyno a M3D and M3DP in the same session on the same dyno with same states of charge if possible. To throw it out I'll pay to have my car dynoed in CO if a M3DP owner wants to also do it at the same time.

Yeah it would be cool to get all three versions at the same place at the same time...