Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD Non-Performance White Interior Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN!!! It VIN finder does not recognize it though. May have been there earlier than today. I should have done a CTRL F on the source code page instead. Well, no time wasted...still gotta wait.

:) AWESOME!

Yeah i saw the VIN on the reservation page the day after i found the VIN in the source. Also... I just got my "schedule delivery" text this afternoon and i'm scheduled to pick up next weekend!

Reactions: Hawkstrike
:) AWESOME!

Yeah i saw the VIN on the reservation page the day after i found the VIN in the source. Also... I just got my "schedule delivery" text this afternoon and i'm scheduled to pick up next weekend!

Congrats!! We are almost there! I also got the schedule delivery text today and will pick up on the 21st. Already set up my appointment to get it wrapped and tinted :D

Reactions: venix91
Since I have received my delivery date, I thought I'd check Carvana for their offer to buy my vehicle. I purchased a used Kia Soul EV last year as my intermediary car while I waited for my MY. Prior to hearing of the MY, I had just purchased a brand new 2018 Lexus RX450 Hybrid. Although it was a nice car, my expectations were skewed after test driving the Model X and accepting the fact that it was outside of my price range. I "settled" for the Lexus and was never completely happy with it. A few months later I came across the MY unveiling and was ecstatic! This was the Tesla for me!!! I immediately made plans to sell my new car to prepare for my freshly reserved MY back in March 2019. This is how the Kia Soul EV came into the picture. I was already convinced that electric cars were the way to go, so why not purchase something to get used to the new ease of life I would be experiencing with the MY. It's definitely not the same, but I have learned a lot.

Back to the Kia appraisal...Note that I purchased this used for $13,000 last year.

Tesla offered me $7,700 for my vehicle in March 2020. I also checked with Carvana at that time and they offered $9140 but were only taking trade ins for their vehicles. I provided Tesla with what they needed and reluctantly accepted their trade in. I had anticipated I would trade my car in for about $10,000 when I purchased it. Not convinced, I contacted the Tesla trade-in rep to ask if I had any other options. The said they'd honor a CarMax appraisal but CarMax only offered $8,000 for the car. I provided Tesla with their appraisal and they matched it.

Fast forward to today...I decided to see if Carvana was purchasing cars again and they were! I resubmitted my appraisal and was offered $10,283!! More than in March! They will pick up my vehicle (touchless) and cut me a check on the spot! Needless to say, I am preparing the Kia for its send off next week. I have re-applied and received a new pre-approval (the first one expired from March when I thought the prepare for delivery email and Tesla trade-in call signaled a pending delivery), and I've made my appointment for my MY PPF/tint/ceramic job.

All set and looking forward to the 21st, although I will not be taking my car home but straight to the detailer :)

I agree that the wait was worth it. I saved money doing the reservation (~$6000), while I waited and even got a better trade in deal than Tesla. I know God's got this and all things happen for a reason! Hang in there for those still waiting :cool: !

Got some good advice from a friend this morning who ordered their MY from my referral code. She advised to wait a few weeks before going to have the car wrapped in case there are any deficiencies found that Tesla would have to tend to. They found a few minor things after owning the car for a few weeks and took the car to Tesla for repairs. Think I'll drive and assess it a bit before going to the detailer.

• Helpful
Has anyone ordered a White Interior WITH tow hitch? Curious if maybe that combination is holding mine up.
I didn't order a white/white with a hitch, but when my account went from "delivery scheduled" to "Oops, we haven't made it yet - D'oh", the delivery center offered me the same car, but with a hitch and I took it.

Nearly perfect if every respect. Problem with the rear hatch closing all the way (you have to give it a little push to get it to latch), but mobile service will be here Monday to fix it.

I was looking at bike racks on Craigslist and am super-happy I have the hitch now.

It's been 48 days since I got my VIN assigned on my MSM/White. From what I can see on the survey sheet that is pretty unusual. I got a text saying it was assigned on 5/21 and I found it in the source code. Since then crickets, nothing from Tesla, nada. The VIN didn't show in my account page until 6/28. I am not trading anything in. Delivery to Seattle area. Any suggestions on next steps?
I bet you get a different vin when it come to actual time. Sounds like your car went to someone else. Seattle delivery times are usually pretty quick.

I bet you get a different vin when it come to actual time. Sounds like your car went to someone else. Seattle delivery times are usually pretty quick.

Yeah I think that's what happened, they gave the car to someone else but forgot to update my account and it has probably been stuck in 'limbo' waiting to get a notification that will never come. I called my delivery center yesterday to ask about it. They put me on hold for a while to check and then said, uhhhh, we're going to have to dig deeper into this and call you back. I'm still waiting for that call.

Yeah I think that's what happened, they gave the car to someone else but forgot to update my account and it has probably been stuck in 'limbo' waiting to get a notification that will never come. I called my delivery center yesterday to ask about it. They put me on hold for a while to check and then said, uhhhh, we're going to have to dig deeper into this and call you back. I'm still waiting for that call.
That sucks, hopefully you get your car soon!

That sucks, hopefully you get your car soon!

I made another call to the delivery center on Saturday - they still didn't know what was going on, but did confirm I'd get the new price drop before taking delivery.

I got a text this morning assigning me a new VIN and saying I'd get another message when it was loaded on the truck. - Things are looking better.

I made another call to the delivery center on Saturday - they still didn't know what was going on, but did confirm I'd get the new price drop before taking delivery.

I got a text this morning assigning me a new VIN and saying I'd get another message when it was loaded on the truck. - Things are looking better.
Let me know the ETA, curious. My guess, it should be pretty quick and you are west coast, which MAYBE means good news to me.