Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD Non-Performance White Interior Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered 3 days ago and received my VIN today so I expect your wait won’t be that long. I was quoted 8 to 12 weeks when I ordered.
I ordered mine 3 months ago and have yet to receive my VIN. While I'm happy for you, that's a kick in the balls for those that have been waiting numerous months for a VIN and are still waiting.

Last edited:
Congrats! Could you share some photos? Would love to see this color combo.

Here ya go:

Vistan

IMG_0181.jpeg
IMG_0183.jpeg
IMG_0184.jpeg

Reactions: DennyL and cafe9
Super sharp! I ordered my Y on 05/23/2020 - LR - Red Ext - White Int - 19” Gemini wheels. I prefer the lighter wheel colors, and really like the look of the 19” wheels with the covers removed. Do you think it affects range, and have you noticed a difference in road noise?

@Hawkstrike: The only time I've had the plastic wheel covers on was for the 4 miles from the Tesla Delivery Center to my home. The "hubcaps" are now in plastic bags and will probably never be mounted again. I suspect that having the covers on will only slightly affect range at highway speeds, and I don't see how they could affect road noise.

Did a test drive of the Model Y at the factory in Fremont today while I wait for my white/white AWD (because why not). Asked the sales person all sorts of questions about the car but when it came to what’s going to be built and when he said, “I’ve been a sales person here for 4 years and I can tell you something for certain: they purposely do not tell salespeople anything about what’s being built or when. Why? So many people ask us questions trying to find out something to print that Tesla purposefully tells us nothing to protect us and the company. Company-wide emails here are leaked within an hour. If anyone tells you they know what’s coming, they are not going off of anything factual.”

Anyway, don’t listen to sales people about timelines!

EDIT: Picture of the Y I test drove today. They even let me take my son in his car seat.

Attachments

• 31834A9E-909C-4FE9-9104-966E1EEBC07E.jpeg
    31834A9E-909C-4FE9-9104-966E1EEBC07E.jpeg
    573.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: powertoold