Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD Non-Performance White Interior Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A

And you know this how? We ordered day1 (or 0 depending on how you look at it). $2,500 down - crickets as far as delivery goes, and seeing others in the northeast getting deliveries that ordered recently. I'm going with the theory they had trouble sourcing 20" wheels, and are filling $100 deposit orders first (they already have $2,500 - why not get the full amount from the $100 people first)
I see you are in NH. Couldn't tell you in that case. I do think Cali folks are gonna be waiting longer than folks on shorter lists in other regions compared to them.

I spoke to Sales person today, after I submitted an email to change my order to cash..I just want to shake my 11/29 order.. As expected, hey he knew nothing about when I would for my car. But he did say he thought September. Honestly, $2500 seems to have bought me nothing, perhaps even a slower delivery. I'll not make that mistake again..
Hi did say something a bit odd, "what have we told you that leads to to think your car may be here this year".. Really.. Oh, just that people are getting cars in 14, 30 days!
Trying to keep this forum from ruining my impression of the car and Tesla, but I think I'm losing.

I spoke to Sales person today, after I submitted an email to change my order to cash..I just want to shake my 11/29 order.. As expected, hey he knew nothing about when I would for my car. But he did say he thought September. Honestly, $2500 seems to have bought me nothing, perhaps even a slower delivery. I'll not make that mistake again..
Hi did say something a bit odd, "what have we told you that leads to to think your car may be here this year".. Really.. Oh, just that people are getting cars in 14, 30 days!
Trying to keep this forum from ruining my impression of the car and Tesla, but I think I'm losing.
I went to the factory for a test drive last weekend. I specifically asked the salesperson about this, I'll paraphrase his response, "I've been a sales rep at the Tesla Factory for five years and I can tell you one things for sure: they specifically give us salespeople the least amount of information possible for both our own protection and the company. This is because so many people are trying to get information about Tesla and we are at the front lines. All of our company-wide emails leak within hours. If a sales rep tells you they know what's going to happen, it's not factual and only based on word-of-mouth. That said, you may get your car in a few weeks, or in a few months, I really have no way of knowing."

In short: while I totally empathize with you about how frustrating it must be, and I'm not saying that the person you spoke with knew they were giving you bad information, you should take what you heard with a grain of salt.

Geez. Well they told me VIN this month for my white/white/20"/Feb 14 2020/New Orleans order

This is why I'm not changing my order to black interior despite the fact that I'd get my car sooner. It really looks amazing.
I received my midnight/white interior awd non perf Wednesday and I’m thrilled to say the white is better than I even imagined. It really pops and makes the car special especially because the white and black complement very well together didn’t take a lot of pictures but here are two I took for my wife while I was at delivery to show her

Me too, thanks for the pics, it reinforces my decision to wait patiently for my white interior. I want to feel like I'm driving around in a cloud.

Reactions: wasloan
Called local Tesla service/delivery center and was told batches of white interiors are being made this week!
Not saying they're wrong, just saying they have absolutely no idea what's being made this week. The veteran sales rep at the Tesla factory assured me that any sales rep, including himself, that tells you they know what's being built at the factory is speaking purely on conjecture. The sales reps are purposefully not given that kind of information.

Not saying they're wrong, just saying they have absolutely no idea what's being made this week. The veteran sales rep at the Tesla factory assured me that any sales rep, including himself, that tells you they know what's being built at the factory is speaking purely on conjecture. The sales reps are purposefully not given that kind of information.
#FACT

That said, I'd rather hear this "news" instead of "we're out of white vegan leather substitute and it won't be restocked until 4th quarter at the earliest".

My edit button is gone. Does that mean anything?
I don't think I ever had one. What edit button?

I would love to hear that they are making White interiors this week, however since I didn't get a text saying my car is 2-4 weeks out, I have little hope mine is being made this week. It seems clear, 19" wheels, white interior, non-FSD, AWD are as common as hen's teeth. What would I change to get my car sooner.
White interior - Cannot change.
Performance - Not really interested
20" wheels, I plan to add after-market 20" forged wheels, so the 20's don't work.
FSD - I love to drive, so no.

Basically I'm stuck at the end of the line, hoping Tesla makes my low end config some time this year :(
On the bright side, there may be fewer defects, but if EM is trying to speed up the Y line, that doesn't seem likely.

Last edited:

Not saying you’re wrong, but there are these devices called phones and computers. I use them all the time in a large corporate environment. I find out information before it makes its way to the general employees because of the contacts and relationships I’ve built. I didn’t speak with a sales rep but a service rep. Service centers may need to contact the factory for things such as parts. They may have built relationships like the ones I’ve formed

Sometimes a little small talk goes a long way. Even if it’s BS, it’s better than the crickets I’ve heard from Las Vegas. They will definitely be in the dark as they don’t need parts.

I'm honestly surprised someone on here doesn't have a friend who works on the factory floor at Fremont. It would be pretty easy for them to literally see which models are rolling through the factory and then give their friend a heads up, who could then give us a heads up.

I'm honestly surprised someone on here doesn't have a friend who works on the factory floor at Fremont. It would be pretty easy for them to literally see which models are rolling through the factory and then give their friend a heads up, who could then give us a heads up.
Anyone can drive/walk by the logistics lot, (it’s just a chain link fence with a sidewalk next to it on a public road) or see what’s being delivered locally at the factory showroom (they let everyone into that lot). No need to try and find someone willing to give answers that could cost them their jobs. Tesla wants to make a profit and end up on the S&P 500 so they’re going to do everything in their power to get as many cars as possible delivered in the next 3 weeks. It will come!

The order tracker currently has 36 white interiors with a VIN. Most of those are white or blue exteriors.

15 - White
11 - Blue
5 - Red
5 - MSM
0 - Black

I thought the same thing, but I deleted my post after looking at the proportions of Exterior Colors ordered with White Interiors:
upload_2020-6-11_15-36-44.png