Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD Open for existing invitees

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The $5k performance package includes the 20" wheels and performance brakes. No mention of performance brakes with only the 18" wheels.

Yeah, I see now it says "performance calipers" next to the 20" wheel pic.
pwheels.png

So it is just beefier calipers, but the same rotors?

A summary from Electrek... Tesla updates Model 3 options and pricing, dual motor becomes cheaper, adds color, and more
The delivery timing has also changed for the Standard battery to 6-9 months... and the Federal tax credit will drop to $3,750 :cool:

Tesla made several changes to the Model 3 design studio today to add new options, change prices and more. The automaker has also changed some of the timelines for deliveries and it opened orders for dual motor and performance vehicles in Canada. The biggest change is the pricing of the Model 3 with dual motor and the performance version of the car.

• Dual Motor went from a $5,000 option, like it was for the Model S, to a $4,000 option.
  • The vehicle now starts at $53,000 with the Long Range battery pack, which is still the only battery option available.
  • Tesla updated the timeline for the standard battery to 6-9 months.
  • Model 3 Performance version also saw its based price fall to just $64,000 by making more features optional.
  • The Model 3 performance version used to start at $78,000, but Tesla has now made several features optional.
  • Buyers can add the “Performance Upgrades” package for $5,000. It includes an increase of the top speed from 145 to 155, a carbon fiber spoiler, 20” performance wheels, and aluminum alloy pedals, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires and red performance brake calipers.
  • Tesla confirmed to Electrek that it will retroactively apply the new pricing to customers who have already placed their orders.
  • As shown on the updated design studio above, Tesla also updated the color options.
  • The white interior is now also still available with the performance version and it becomes a $1,500 option over the standard black interior.
  • As for delivery timelines, Tesla is shifting priority to the performance version with a 2 to 4-month delivery window after confirming the order.
  • The Long Range battery pack with rear-wheel drive motor, which has so far been the only vehicle in production, is now getting a 3 to 5-month delivery window, like the dual motor version without performance package.
upload_2018-6-26_19-17-36-png.312702

• Love
Reactions: scottf200
Yeah, I see now it says "performance calipers" next to the 20" wheel pic.
View attachment 312704

So it is just beefier calipers, but the same rotors?

Interesting. .....The regular performance version needs the same stoping power since they have the same 0-60. I think is dangerous if they don't upgrade the brakes if you choose not to get upgrade performance package.

What about the the tires? Can they achieve 0-60sec in 3.5sec on the Michelin Primacy tires that come with the 18' wheels?

Reactions: FlatSix911
The change in estimated delivery timelines for RWD from 3-6 weeks to 3-5 months (for me, at least) seems to suggest that they'll be switching 100% of production (or close to it) away from RWD and to AWD-P over the coming weeks.

Could that possibly be right? Wouldn't they want a more gradual ramp-up of the AWD vehicles to account for unforeseen quality and production issues, and keep cranking out RWD's in the meantime?

Interesting... FSD after-delivery is now $5000 instead of $4000. Pre-delivery price is still $3000. Sounds like they are solidifying plans for the more powerful motherboard and processor(s) needed for self-driving.
I noticed that the FSD upgrade price went up on my Model S . Darn. I was really thinking they would give a heads-up before changing the price. :(