Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #27 is available now with topics time-stamped. We discussed: Consolidation in LiDAR manufacturers; Volvo EX90 shipping with LiDAR; FSD Beta Full Release in N.A.; FSD detecting autopilot cheats, Gwen Shotwell directly overseeing SpaceX Starship; and more. You can watch it now on YouTube. We should have it published to podcast networks shortly.

Awful delivery today

You’re 100% correct of course

I’m being emotional. I guess a small part of me is hoping I get another car with the matrix lights and it has no issues and I get it within a few weeks. The logical part of me knows the above happening is unlikely.

I’m just disappointed my delivery went so poorly for something I was looking forward to for so long.
Sounds like a rough delivery - I got my model 3 today - and all went well - got help from staff for Bluetooth not connected- I brought logo pads and pens and snacks for sales and service so they know Alan g. - well appreciated

Reactions: Yelobird and BitJam
Sounds like a rough delivery - I got my model 3 today - and all went well - got help from staff for Bluetooth not connected- I brought logo pads and pens and snacks for sales and service so they know Alan g. - well appreciated
Keep in mind that you may be setting the expectation that they will be rewarded just for doing their job. While I understand your motivation I don’t know if the long term consequences for others is fair.

Yelobird

Aug 24, 2020
Illinois
Keep in mind that you may be setting the expectation that they will be rewarded just for doing their job. While I understand your motivation I don’t know if the long term consequences for others is fair.
Or, they may have a better appreciation for their job knowing not All buyers visiting are looking to scold them for some minor imperfection they didn’t create and simply want to help. Learned that from my own service department. They have said only 1 in 100 people show appreciation for what they do and that 1 kind gesture gives them pride and hope.

Hi there @Hodorholddoor, glad this worked out for you. Just curious where your MY was built? Fremont or Austin?
Hey, thanks

It’s an F517 so Fremont but didn’t have any of the new upgrades (interior trim or matrix lights) but it did have the license holder… yay

Haha I’m not complaining. Car is good now and I’m happy with it.

If they fix everything to your satisfaction, keep it. We’ve had 4 Teslas and been involved in as many additional deliveries for others. Once the gremlins are exercised, cars have all been angelic.

Reject it only if you really must have the new lights. Not sure what trim you are referring to.

My opinion only.

Edit: Just missed the update.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC