Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Back of seats are foam?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently, I had my 3 year old sitting behind me in his car seats without shoes on (so he didn't get my seats all dirty). Instead, he was able to notch out several pieces of FOAM with his toe nails. WTF?!?! Shouldn't the back of these seats be solid plastic? All of my previous cars have had a solid backing to the seats.

8B4D2955-AF92-4F46-89F2-7BABE304A8C6.jpg

Last edited:
do you have a photo maybe? The back of the driver and passenger seats are hard plastic as far I have seen when cleaning them so I'm not sure where the foam would be coming from that your referring to. That said, kids and dogs always seem to find a products weaknesses

Updated my original post with the picture. It's a little hard to see, but the 'plastic' covering is nothing more than a thin (1mm?) thick surface. My past two cars (X5, M35) both had sold plastic backs to the seats specifically to protect against this type of damage. Because of the feel of the surface, I thought it WAS hard plastic. Now, I see that I was wrong.

Hmm, I'm VIN3737 and also have a 3, soon to be 4 year old, constantly kicking the drivers seat and it really feels like hard plastic and is very scuffed but no holes. Maybe an ECO cut in between our cars?