Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Back to square one!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
right, Tesla has not improved my experience, my car just does more, and I like that, I like NOP, used it worked great, so maybe they have, I love having the chance that Tesla will improve my driving experience with these updates, that's something you will never know, stay in the past it's good for you. As for phones I had a 2005 flip phone, worked great for me, Tesla told me I need a new phone, at one time I had a bag phone worked great for me too. There will be a time when there will be many electric cars to chose from, and we may just look back at this post and think were we all that dumb, cause they will out do anything we have now.

• Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA and am_dmd
Tesla is not behind anyone at this time, you should have bought a ford, then 5-7 years later, it's the same car as you bought, I like that Tesla works to make my car better, looking at new ways to do things, I love being part of this, makes be fill like I'm part of something. I like to try do things, I look forward to the updates, I have never had a problem with any updates, I think OP would be happy with a Ford, he should sales his Tesla, and live in the past. This guy is just a kill Joy, no matter how good or new something is, he has to try to find away to kill it, if you gave this guy 100 bills, he would bitch that they were wrinkle. Let this guy go, kill this post, and let this guy live in the past.

If you can't understand how far behind Tesla is from UI perspective, I feel sorry for you. With the previous UI, it was a sacrifice I was willing to make. You give up decent phone integration for other positives. It was a trade off. Now, the car will spend most of its life in a garage collecting dust, until they get it fixed. I've driven it ONCE since 42.2 and realized how annoying the new 360 view is and that you CAN'T turn off the display. So, what used to be the family car is now the car of last resort.

As for that 5-7 year old Ford, while I never owned a Ford, there is one problem with that perspective. You can upgrade those older cars anytime you want because there are so many after market items made for them. Want a new stereo? Go for it. Your car doesn't have push button start, but you want it? You can get it.

You fan bois aren't doing this company any good.

If you can't understand how far behind Tesla is from UI perspective, I feel sorry for you. With the previous UI, it was a sacrifice I was willing to make. You give up decent phone integration for other positives. It was a trade off. Now, the car will spend most of its life in a garage collecting dust, until they get it fixed. I've driven it ONCE since 42.2 and realized how annoying the new 360 view is and that you CAN'T turn off the display. So, what used to be the family car is now the car of last resort.

As for that 5-7 year old Ford, while I never owned a Ford, there is one problem with that perspective. You can upgrade those older cars anytime you want because there are so many after market items made for them. Want a new stereo? Go for it. Your car doesn't have push button start, but you want it? You can get it.

You fan bois aren't doing this company any good.

Wow... Someone who's still using Office 2007 wants to comment on "how far behind Tesla is from a UI perspective"... ROFLMAO... Seriously...??? For the love of god, please go buy all Fords from now on...

Some of the replies in this thread are hilarious, from the person who loves their Ford truck because it never gets software updates to @neroden who's totally lost it completely gone off the deep end... Really @neroden, Tesla is going to fail? Anti-customer? WTF??? I can assure you that while things haven't always went smoothly with Tesla, they've done what's right in the end. At least that's my experience.

I really hate the use of the phrase "fan boy" (or it's many iterations). Why? Because it's often used by a small, but vocal, minority who's just upset their toddler tantrum isn't working... I've been super critical of Tesla many times in the past, just not in this thread because honestly, I wish they'd stop making software updates even optional. At least now I can do them from the app...

Tesla is a computer on wheels... If you can't handle that but keeping your computer up to date with the latest software then please buy something else... Seriously.

Jeff

nothing is as bad as you think it is, I have 42.3, and my 360 works fine, my new display is fine, something to get use to, people that get in my car love it, EAP, NAP, work very well, your thinking something bad, before it even happens, I don't think that way, and I NEVER look for the worst things can be, I look for the best they can be. You should sale your car, to someone that would love to drive it and have fun with it. You think you can get 75K for it, that sounds very good, look at the Ford you can buy with that, and all the updates you can buy, with the extra money you will have. You will do fine that way. The most fun I ever had buying and driving a car Is my Tesla 2017 MS75

Lets not confuse opinion from facts. It is your OPINION that the UI is behind, while others believe the opposite. You need to remember that when screaming like a toddler to get your toy back.

There is no question the UI is behind. This isn't opinion, it is just a fact. Unlike other cars, you are unable to mirror aps to the car. Lack of choice is lack of progress.

There is no question the UI is behind. This isn't opinion, it is just a fact. Unlike other cars, you are unable to mirror aps to the car. Lack of choice is lack of progress.

A fact is a statement that can be proven true or false. An opinion is an expression of a person's feelings that cannot be proven. Opinions can be based on facts or emotions and sometimes they are meant to deliberately mislead others.

Here are the facts:
Some folks think the UI is not good
Some folks think the UI is good.

Your opinion is that the folks that think the UI is not good are right, and the others are wrong. It is your feeling. You cannot prove or disprove the other. A poll only shows the results of conflicting opinions.

Wow... Someone who's still using Office 2007 wants to comment on "how far behind Tesla is from a UI perspective"... ROFLMAO... Seriously...??? For the love of god, please go buy all Fords from now on...

Some of the replies in this thread are hilarious, from the person who loves their Ford truck because it never gets software updates to @neroden who's totally lost it completely gone off the deep end... Really @neroden, Tesla is going to fail? Anti-customer? WTF??? I can assure you that while things haven't always went smoothly with Tesla, they've done what's right in the end. At least that's my experience.

I really hate the use of the phrase "fan boy" (or it's many iterations). Why? Because it's often used by a small, but vocal, minority who's just upset their toddler tantrum isn't working... I've been super critical of Tesla many times in the past, just not in this thread because honestly, I wish they'd stop making software updates even optional. At least now I can do them from the app...

Tesla is a computer on wheels... If you can't handle that but keeping your computer up to date with the latest software then please buy something else... Seriously.

Jeff

You are so obsessed with my choosing to use Office 2007 and have falsely stated that this somehow makes me vulnerable to attacks, which makes no sense since you can't access the computer via Office.

This is why you ARE a fan boi, whether you like the term or not and I can see the problem. You don't understand that Tesla is a a CAR. It's not a computer on wheels. It's a car with a computer in it.

And of course I don't plan on buying another Tesla and once I can get a reasonable price for the one I own, it will be gone. However, I am not taking 1/2 price on a 1 year old car with 5,000 miles on it. I am also not willing to sit back and let Tesla or its fan bois tell me what I can and can't demand as a customer.

nothing is as bad as you think it is, I have 42.3, and my 360 works fine, my new display is fine, something to get use to, people that get in my car love it, EAP, NAP, work very well, your thinking something bad, before it even happens, I don't think that way, and I NEVER look for the worst things can be, I look for the best they can be. You should sale your car, to someone that would love to drive it and have fun with it. You think you can get 75K for it, that sounds very good, look at the Ford you can buy with that, and all the updates you can buy, with the extra money you will have. You will do fine that way. The most fun I ever had buying and driving a car Is my Tesla 2017 MS75

IF I could get 75K for it, I would sell it right now and get something else. Unfortunately, the going rate is much lower and I am not willing to take that much of a loss on a car.

A fact is a statement that can be proven true or false. An opinion is an expression of a person's feelings that cannot be proven. Opinions can be based on facts or emotions and sometimes they are meant to deliberately mislead others.

Here are the facts:
Some folks think the UI is not good
Some folks think the UI is good.

Your opinion is that the folks that think the UI is not good are right, and the others are wrong. It is your feeling. You cannot prove or disprove the other. A poll only shows the results of conflicting opinions.

Fact: You CANNOT mirror apps from your phone to your Tesla. Tesla abandoned their APK and originally stated they would support Carplay and Android Auto, but have made no moves to do so.

Other cars give you the CHOICE to do that.

That puts the Tesla UI behind.

Fact: You CANNOT mirror apps from your phone to your Tesla. Tesla abandoned their APK and originally stated they would support Carplay and Android Auto, but have made no moves to do so.

Other cars give you the CHOICE to do that.

That puts the Tesla UI behind.

Still your opinion buddy. because the simply its not a problem for other folks.

You are so obsessed with my choosing to use Office 2007 and have falsely stated that this somehow makes me vulnerable to attacks, which makes no sense since you can't access the computer via Office.

This is why you ARE a fan boi, whether you like the term or not and I can see the problem. You don't understand that Tesla is a a CAR. It's not a computer on wheels. It's a car with a computer in it.

And of course I don't plan on buying another Tesla and once I can get a reasonable price for the one I own, it will be gone. However, I am not taking 1/2 price on a 1 year old car with 5,000 miles on it. I am also not willing to sit back and let Tesla or its fan bois tell me what I can and can't demand as a customer.

Clearly you fail to understand the many different ways one can maliciously attack your computer and using a decade plus old copy of Office would be right up there... There are a number of exploits that can be injected into word, and other document types, to which your copy of Office would have no clue... I continue to harp on this as an example of why you have no intellectual footing to stand on in this thread. If you can't understand the basic fundamentals of software vulnerabilities then it's not hard to see why you think not updating your cars software is a good idea...

Keep calling me names if it makes you feel better... Yes, your Tesla is a computer on wheels and the fact that you can't even accept that basic concept is yet another data point...

Great, please NEVER buy another one, EVER... You clearly aren't intellectually capable of owning one... Hell, you can't even understand the basic difference between a FACT and an OPINION... Let me guess, Trumper? (yes, yes I know I just blatantly violated the rules of the forum but there's only so much brain dead behavior I can tolerate so my bad up front on that one)

Jeff

No, it is a fact.

Someone willing to accept something the way it is, doesn't mean it isn't behind.

Other cars UIs do things the Tesla UI is incapable of doing. That factually means the Tesla UI is behind.

Again, that is your OPINION... To those of us who couldn't give two shits about CarPlay or Android Auto, it's irrelevant whether or not those functions are there. Again, that is my OPINION... You seem to be having a problem with this facts vs opinion thing... A fact is something that can be corroborated and backed up by hard data, an opinion is something based off of your feelings and reactions to a given situation. Not complicated, okay maybe for you...

Jeff

Clearly you fail to understand the many different ways one can maliciously attack your computer and using a decade plus old copy of Office would be right up there... There are a number of exploits that can be injected into word, and other document types, to which your copy of Office would have no clue... I continue to harp on this as an example of why you have no intellectual footing to stand on in this thread. If you can't understand the basic fundamentals of software vulnerabilities then it's not hard to see why you think not updating your cars software is a good idea...

Keep calling me names if it makes you feel better... Yes, your Tesla is a computer on wheels and the fact that you can't even accept that basic concept is yet another data point...

Great, please NEVER buy another one, EVER... You clearly aren't intellectually capable of owning one... Hell, you can't even understand the basic difference between a FACT and an OPINION... Let me guess, Trumper? (yes, yes I know I just blatantly violated the rules of the forum but there's only so much brain dead behavior I can tolerate so my bad up front on that one)

Jeff
Clearly, you don't understand how to use a computer.

You cannot "inject" exploits into word without a user downloading a word and opening an office document, which doesn't happen.

Let's run through the other things you got wrong.

Tesla is still a car... not a computer and I am about as far from a fan of Trump as you can get, since I am capable of critical thinking.

Don't worry. I will never buy another Tesla. That is not a problem. However, as long as I am stuck with this one I am going to demand that they uphold their responsibility to me.

Reactions: am_dmd