Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Back to square one!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Again, that is your OPINION... To those of us who couldn't give two shits about CarPlay or Android Auto, it's irrelevant whether or not those functions are there. Again, that is my OPINION... You seem to be having a problem with this facts vs opinion thing... A fact is something that can be corroborated and backed up by hard data, an opinion is something based off of your feelings and reactions to a given situation. Not complicated, okay maybe for you...

Jeff

I don't think you understand the difference between fact and opinion either.

The fact that you don't care about carplay and android auto doesn't change the FACT that having it as an OPTION is superior to NOT having it as an option.

please, sell you car to someone that would love to have it, and would have fun driving it, make someone happy, you are, hate to say this a sad person, just because you got updates, wow!!, nothing bad has happen, you are making this worst then it is, it's just a update, Please do yourself a favor, sell you car, Fords are good, no updates, unless you buy then, just think how happy you will be

• Disagree
  • Love
Reactions: GreenT and P85_DA
please, sell you car to someone that would love to have it, and would have fun driving it, make someone happy, you are, hate to say this a sad person, just because you got updates, wow!!, nothing bad has happen, you are making this worst then it is, it's just a update, Please do yourself a favor, sell you car, Fords are good, no updates, unless you buy then, just think how happy you will be

I would LOVE to sell this car. Get me 75K for it. Heck, you love it so much, why don't YOU buy it? It's so great, you could probably get more for it, right???

• Disagree
Reactions: GreenT and P85_DA
Clearly, you don't understand how to use a computer.

You cannot "inject" exploits into word without a user downloading a word and opening an office document, which doesn't happen.

Let's run through the other things you got wrong.

Tesla is still a car... not a computer and I am about as far from a fan of Trump as you can get, since I am capable of critical thinking.

Don't worry. I will never buy another Tesla. That is not a problem. However, as long as I am stuck with this one I am going to demand that they uphold their responsibility to me.

LOL... You have no idea what I do for a living so keep telling me about how I don't understand how to use a computer... ROFLMAO... Really???

No, and I say this for the 10,000th time to you with the hopes you'll finally get it, your Tesla is a computer on wheels. It's been referred to as that since the very first Model S left the line... This isn't new, I didn't conjure it up...

It's obvious you wouldn't know critical thinking if it slapped you up side the head.

Jeff

I don't think you understand the difference between fact and opinion either.

The fact that you don't care about carplay and android auto doesn't change the FACT that having it as an OPTION is superior to NOT having it as an option.

Says who, you? Again, that's your OPINION... I really don't understand why you can't wrap your head around this very basic of things... Life must be really hard for you...

Jeff

LOL... You have no idea what I do for a living so keep telling me about how I don't understand how to use a computer... ROFLMAO... Really???

No, and I say this for the 10,000th time to you with the hopes you'll finally get it, your Tesla is a computer on wheels. It's been referred to as that since the very first Model S left the line... This isn't new, I didn't conjure it up...

It's obvious you wouldn't know critical thinking if it slapped you up side the head.

Jeff

I don't need to know what you do for a living to know you know nothing about how computers are used in various settings.

Tesla is not now and never has been a "computer on wheels". It is a car with a computer.

People have JOKINGLY referred to it as a rolling tablet. Obviously, you didn't understand the basic humor of the statement.

Uncle Paul, your so right, just wait for the next OTA, not one bad thing has happen, He bought a car he's not happy with, it gets updates and don't like that, and he's not selling it, there are so many people out there that would love to have it,

Im getting out of this Post, this is just so sad, and this is a real easy fix

Actually, I WAS happy with the car, until they broke it with an update.

I complained to them and they agreed to REMOVE the update and then backtracked on that, starting me over again at the beginning saying it can't be done, when it can, in fact, be done.

If they remove the update, I will be happy with the car. Is it everything I ever wanted in a car? No. No car is that right now. However, I liked it pre-V9. Post V9, I don't like it. If they will do as they agreed and take out V9 and then if a future update comes out that I like, I may update to that. That is my choice, as my warranty contains no demand to upgrade. If people like V9, good for them. I have several friends who own Tesla's and none of them do, but I am sure there are people out there who do.

I have offered to sell it multiple times, at a 25% depreciation rate in 1 year with only 5K miles, but no one seems to want to take me up on that offer or even entertain it.

And yes, there is an easy fix. Just follow through on what they said, set the appointment so my service center can put back in the software prior to V9. They CAN do it, they are choosing to give me the runaround instead of doing what they said they were going to do.

I have offered to sell it multiple times, at a 25% depreciation rate in 1 year with only 5K miles, but no one seems to want to take me up on that offer or even entertain it.

So what do you actually have? Hard to tell but at "6 figures" I gotta think it's a S100D. What color, what options? Free supercharging, transferable? A standard optioned '17 S100D with 5K miles here is $74-$82K. Is the LA market so depressed right now?

Bottom line: OP was offered a solution, which was reneged. This is sad.

Yes, whether someone likes or dislikes one version over another is opinion. I have many reasons to dislike V9, but I don't have the notification yet so I'm lucky. My car has one camera (back-up). The only thing the firmware updates do for me is alter how they display data and let me control the car. Please don't remove functionality and visual cues (such as green traffic).

Having an option whether you use it or not is more advanced than not having it at all. (CarPlay/AndroidAuto anyone?)

IMO UIs are getting worse all over. Getting harder to learn, hiding useful functions, removing shortcut keys... Right now I'm looking at a browser slider bar that is literally the same color as the background, with no line defining it. It's a good thing I know how to use Windows because I might not be able to learn it on my own based on visual cues.

The OP was offered service that would have made them happy, then treated as if never having spoken about it. Like V9 or hate it, this is not good.

Current version 9 is not pro-choice.

Pre-V9, I could do this according to my choice: Camera on the top half and browser (running TeslaWinds.com) on the bottom half below:

ueevftz.jpg

Now, with V9, that kind of choice is not allowed. Maybe V9 tries to be pro-life so I can still have camera on the top but the bottom must be media player and can not be a browser, phone, energy consumption...

That kind of anti-pro-choice principle has been implemented to Model 3 since its inception due to its cheaper price and a smaller screen that has to accommodate instrument clusters as well.

Model S and X does not suffer the low price problem nor the small screen problem nor overcrowding with instrument clusters on its 17" screen so pro-choice was possible prior to V9.

It's just software, not physical controls that Tesla can claim that it can't be pro-choice.

That picture makes me feel sad... I miss v8 :(

Reactions: GreenT and am_dmd
Am I the only one that thinks the current display is fantastic?

Sure, it could be better. Everything could be better, but for most of us, it is good enough.

If it is not good enough for some, well, they just need to wait for the the next free OTA update.

Seems like some arrogance has creeped into this thread.

"Sure, it could be better", "...good enough", "just need to wait for the next .... update" are not phrases typically used to describe something which is "fantastic"

Constant updates that people don't want aren't the future, there will be millions of electric cars on the road that will never have data updates and no one will care because their car will work like intended. I purposefully don't update phones because the one I bought still works, I don't need or want bezel-less screens or facial recognition or a missing headphone jack. My phone works and there is nothing wrong with it. The same applies to my car; it worked, there was nothing wrong with it, and it functions as I wanted it to. Nothing Tesla has done has improved the user experience for me. Tesla fan bois are just as bad as apple ones you'll believe anything Tesla puts out is the gospel and they can do no wrong. Some of ya'll fail to remember that telsa is a tiny sliver of the car market and most Tesla owners fall into a narrow range of buyer mentality, this same mentality and company processes do not and will not extend to the mass market

This. I see Tesla fans (or fanbois?) keep saying that the OTAs are what keep their cars fresh. Well, if the software work as intended upon release, there'd be no need to update so frequently, and each time introducing new bugs, which require more updates, Lol. And on goes the cycle.

Reactions: am_dmd
This. I see Tesla fans (or fanbois?) keep saying that the OTAs are what keep their cars fresh. Well, if the software work as intended upon release, there'd be no need to update so frequently, and each time introducing new bugs, which require more updates, Lol. And on goes the cycle.

Only that's a joke of a statement, just like this entire thread. It's impossible to advance autonomous driving, which is Tesla's ultimate goal, without the ability to update the software frequently and conveniently. Yet another example of why a Tesla is a computer on wheels and not a car in the traditional sense.

Would it be great if Tesla could fix/eliminate the bugs that currently exist? Of course, but you can't fix one without the ability to update the other... One of the best things about Tesla, from my perspective, is that they CAN update the software and DO so on a regular basis. Has that process always been smooth? No, in that there's always something I don't like about the new thing because like most people, I'm resistant to change. But I'd rather have a car that can and does update software on a regular basis from my garage, than where I came from which was having to trudge to the stealership anytime the software did need updating for whatever reason.

Saying it again for those in the back that refuse to take their fingers out of their ears, Tesla's are computers on wheels. Either you're okay with that, or your not.

Jeff

Tesla's are computers on wheels. Either you're okay with that, or your not.

Jeff

Last year my MCU died and I had no displays, no AP, no audio, no BT, no WiFi, no LTE... the computer was dead... yet, (after using some special tools to open the door) I was able to drive the car just fine (minus the missing stuff). Given that a Tesla functions as a car when the computer is dead, I believe it should be referred to as "a car with a computer installed in the center console".

Likewise, I don't call my iHome "a computer with an alarm clock" because I can update the firmware... I call it an "alarm clock"

Reactions: am_dmd