Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Back to the Future!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am coming back to the future!

I had an early Model S85, custom ordered in early 2013, picked up in Fremont along with a factory tour, drove it for 22 months over ~27,000 miles including many long-distance trips, and then went back to an ICE around early part of 2015.

Didn't realize what I had been missing until I test drove a 60D last week :).

So long story short, placed an order for an inventory car last week Saturday, and picking it up exactly a week later this coming Saturday.

Specs are as follows:
- Model S 60D
- Solid black paint
- Sunroof
- 19 inch silver slipstream wheels
- Multi-pattern black seats
- Dark ash wood decor
- Integrated center console
- Black alcantara headliner
- Enhanced autopilot
- Full self-driving capability
- Ultra high fidelity sound
- Subzero weather package

I am so looking forward to using autopilot especially in the evening stop-and-go commute traffic.

Why did you go back to an ICE in 2015?

I got the itch for a very sporty ride - ended up with a Porsche 911 - can't say enough about how well it handles. But I couldn't really do justice to it except on weekends.

This.

Also, Congrats on getting the upgrade! I just received delivery of my inventory 75! I have autopilot 1 hardware, and I gotta say, I love it. Really makes my 30-40 min each way commute easy. And I love my Pano Roof, although I live in Phoenix :)

Thanks! Besides the AP, I think I will also enjoy the Pano roof (which I regretted not getting the first time around)

Welcome back to Tesla!! I had a 2013 S P85 as a loaner, and really liked driving it in spite of it not having Autopilot features.

Thanks! Those P versions are dangerous :). I was offered a P100D for the day as I was mulling over returning to a Model S - I took up the offer, but tried only the 60 and 60D variants via software (which I have to say is a pretty neat setup that Tesla has to allow potential owners try out various "models"). Did not try the 90D or P100D modes as this could have resulted in some rash decisions :)