Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Back up camera question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my model 3 for about a month now. The backup camera was the full screen. Now it is not. It s a much smaller portion. I have tried figuring out what I have done to cause this and gone through all the buttons but can't make it large again. This is NOT while I am driving forward. It is when I have the car in reverse.

Was this the new software or is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

Yes thank you. I know better than to post a question without a photo. Here is the photo. My garage is TINY and the larger backup camera helped me a ton. And yes I mean it used to cover most of the map. But also went down farther, right? See my next post with a photo from a you tuber.

IMG_2738.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Thp3
Looks like the aspect ratio is off since it is the correct width (hight "smashed" down). Have you tried a soft and hard reboot? If so you may have some type of bug that will require an update to "flash" out.

What software are you on? If less than 20.4.4 you could put in a Service request in the App for an update and put the reason.

Looks like the aspect ratio is off since it is the correct width (hight "smashed" down). Have you tried a soft and hard reboot? If so you may have some type of bug that will require an update to "flash" out.

What software are you on? If less than 20.4.4 you could put in a Service request in the App for an update and put the reason.
I'm on 20.4.2 so maybe that would solve it. I'll try rebooting as well.

I sent Tesla the same screen shots I posted here and they did not cancel my mobile appt. If this were intentional, I would hope they would save both our time and not come to my house to see the software is running as it should.

Hello, I am new here. Were you able to sort out this "full screen" issue? I have the same problem since yesterday. It's pretty annoying...
Please let me know if you have found a way to fix it, or, if I should schedule a service call. Thank you :)

Hello, I am new here. Were you able to sort out this "full screen" issue? I have the same problem since yesterday. It's pretty annoying...
Please let me know if you have found a way to fix it, or, if I should schedule a service call. Thank you :)

They sent out a mobile repair guy and he was unaware of the change in software and had no solution. I believe it was part of the software update at the time. I got used to it and it's the same size still--I think-- it never went back to how large a screen it used to fill.