Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Backdoor URL Edit Design == "Edit" Button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still works for me : /

Anyone else still able to add silver and obm for $1000 with the backdoor link?

I was yesterday before backdoor edit stopped working. But it was for $1500 though not a $1000.

AWD was also $1000 less than if you started a new order today. So it was locked into the options I had at the time I put deposit. I think.

Thanks for confirmation backdoor still works.

There's a lot of chaos in this system and it seems to vary. I believe that edit link only goes away when a (hidden) VIN/car is assigned to your order. For me, with a P3D+ car, I think it was assigned when the car completed QA/finished being built.

Here's my timing (as an east-coast, cash, no-tradein buyer):
  1. 9/6: My delivery was scheduled (for 9/19)
  2. 9/10: my backdoor edit link stopped working
  3. 9/14: my car was shipped from Fremont to Richmond, CA for rail shipment (confirmed via unitedroad delivery receipt)
  4. 9/12: My VIN unlocked/appeared on tesla.com (T-7 days before delivery)
  5. 9/14: After talking to local service center, my delivery was scheduled back to 9/27 and my VIN disappeared from tesla.com.
  6. 9/14: My payment became available, and my MVPA was completed (my VIN is in that document).
To prove my theory, I expect VIN on website to appear tomorrow again.

I hadn't touched my order in a couple months, but decided to make a change last night to the white interior and exterior color and the backdoor edit link was working. There was a another backdoor link floating around that was working for a while, but it seemed to stop working in the past couple weeks. All the pricing was the same as when I placed my original order at the end of June except for the destination charge, but once my account page updated even that was showing the original destination charge. So, I think you can make whatever edits you like and you'll get the pricing you would have gotten on your original order. Well, at least until you get a VIN, slay a dragon, or some other mystical rite deems you worthy of delivery.

The following link however is still working and I just checked it again:

h t t p s://www[dot]tesla[dot]com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNXXXXXXXXX

Everything going like clockwork !!!

Not previous owner or reservation.

Aug 28 - Ordered 3D in Blue 19" Black Interior. Cash, no Trade. EAP and FSD
Sep 09 - Canceled order, New order on P3D- in Red 18" Black Interior (to be sure I got free supercharging).
Sep 16 - Back Door URL Edit Changed Red to MSM.
Sep 18 - Back Door URL Edit Stopped working
Sep 20 - Received Call to Schedule Delivery (account shows VIN 5YJ3E1EB2JF103XXX this is not hidden)
Sep 27 - Current Delivery date early as I could get it (Weekday 9:30AM) they only offered 1 day.

Oh crap, I need to sell my old car. Gotta go.