Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Backup Cam doesnt adjust exp. for night?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And for those in the USA, report this safety issue to NHTSA, because Tesla won't do squat unless forced to fix it.
Before someone accidentally backs over their dog (or worse.)

Edit: yet another reason to not upgrade to MCU2 besides the non-upgraded/broken radio.

Reactions: llirk
They fixed it a month or 2 ago with a software update. Reverse camera works great in the dark now. I did bug the service center about it a few times, but they never appeared to take any action. So, I assume it was just a software bug

• Informative
Reactions: David29
They fixed it a month or 2 ago with a software update. Reverse camera works great in the dark now. I did bug the service center about it a few times, but they never appeared to take any action. So, I assume it was just a software bug

I agree that there was an improvement and rear view low light is better / useable. However, the rear camera still, imo, has a crunch in the black levels resulting in dark areas becoming featureless in the image.

Compared with other cam's the view isn't as good and compared with other cars my MS is considerably worse still.

But I'll take the improvement!