Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Backup Camera Black

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All. I’ve had my MY for a few days now and it’s been awesome. No issues, until this morning. The backup camera is black. I tried the reset by pressing and holding the two steering wheel buttons but that didn’t help.

Anything else I should try before contacting service?

Thanks

Hey All. I’ve had my MY for a few days now and it’s been awesome. No issues, until this morning. The backup camera is black. I tried the reset by pressing and holding the two steering wheel buttons but that didn’t help.

Thanks
From what I hear, this is a common bug with the 3/Y.
Mine did this about two weeks ago, no matter what I did the backup camera was black. I let it "sleep" overnight and it fixed itself and I haven't had that issue again.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
Mine was fine, then a few days ago it went black too. I did a re-set which didn’t fix it but the I got the latest software update that night, 2020.24.6, and it fixed it.

hmmm... right now I’m on 2020.20.12
I'd wait until tomorrow as I suspect you may be prompted to install an update tonight. There's some anecdotal evidence that Tesla see's you have a problem when doing the system reset and then sets you up with the latest update. Ensure you have the "advanced" (? - I forget the option) selected under software updates in your car.

I'd wait until tomorrow as I suspect you may be prompted to install an update tonight. There's some anecdotal evidence that Tesla see's you have a problem when doing the system reset and then sets you up with the latest update. Ensure you have the "advanced" (? - I forget the option) selected under software updates in your car.

I did submit a big report and I actually just opted into the advanced updates yesterday, before this bug started happening.