Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

backup camera issue with v9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I initially got my car 4 months ago, there was a noticeable delay in the backup camera turning on when I shifted to reverse. Shortly after this was fixed by a software update and has been mostly fine since.

Since v9 the delay appears to be back and as of today the camera is just not displaying.
I did the infotainment restart holding both steering wheel knobs but its still a black screen in the camera view.

Has anyone seen this with v9 or could it be an actual hardware issue on my side?

When I initially got my car 4 months ago, there was a noticeable delay in the backup camera turning on when I shifted to reverse. Shortly after this was fixed by a software update and has been mostly fine since.

Since v9 the delay appears to be back and as of today the camera is just not displaying.
I did the infotainment restart holding both steering wheel knobs but its still a black screen in the camera view.

Has anyone seen this with v9 or could it be an actual hardware issue on my side?

I'm on V9 and had a weird glitch yesterday where the camera/screen went blank while in reverse. The guidelines were still present, but there was no view. I had to manually turn on the camera to proceed. This morning it worked fine.

That exact same thing happened to me yesterday morning while reversing. Fine today.

Its frustrating, but makes me feel better.
Hopefully will be resolved the next time I drive.

Interestingly, I noticed the problem at the same time as my teslacam stopped recording. I don't know if there was some general fault that could have affected both systems, or just completely random coincidence.
The joys of driving a supercomputer..

Reactions: ConcordeSST