Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad bluetooth phone call quality. Apple Watch possible culprit.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whenever I take a bluetooth call in my car, the other person always complains the sound quality is bad. Sounds fine on my end.

I have iPhone X + Apple Watch Series 3 + iOS 11.latest. After a few trial and error, it seems switching Apple Watch to Airplane mode immediately improves the call quality.

Has someone else experienced this? Is it an Apple or Tesla issue?

Whenever I take a bluetooth call in my car, the other person always complains the sound quality is bad. Sounds fine on my end.

I have iPhone X + Apple Watch Series 3 + iOS 11.latest. After a few trial and error, it seems switching Apple Watch to Airplane mode immediately improves the call quality.

I get interference when I have the my Watch Series 3 LTE on and am using the car audio. If I use iPhone X speakerphone no problems, and no problems if the Watch is in airplane mode.

I also have iPhone X and an original Apple Watch and have the call quality issue randomly. I will try the watch in airplane mode - maybe it is the Bluetooth and not LTE radio in the watch?

Having the same issues with my 2018 Model S 100D

Put my Apple Watch (2) on airplane mode works for 10 minutes then back to the same poor quality on the other side. Re setting the console works but also just for 10 minutes
I’ve also found that when I engage aoutpilot that it is a trigger for poor reception in the middle of the call.

I have Iphone 7 most recent update

Any ideas ?

Having the same issues with my 2018 Model S 100D

Put my Apple Watch (2) on airplane mode works for 10 minutes then back to the same poor quality on the other side. Re setting the console works but also just for 10 minutes
I’ve also found that when I engage aoutpilot that it is a trigger for poor reception in the middle of the call.

I have Iphone 7 most recent update

Any ideas ?
MCU2 seems to be a culprit here also. On older cars (MCU1) it was definitely the watch. What firmware are you running (in the car :D )?

Guys any update on this. How do we escalate this so that would there be someone at Tesla tasked with writing some code to address this problem? Has been months now and although it seems like a small issue (especially in the context of everything else happening in Fremont), it is in fact a real nuisance day to day.

Reactions: WillK