Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad delivery experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have referred many customers who have ordered and taken delivery very. eh delivery process leaves much to be disrespected. Exam ,plus:

1. Long waiting times, even though delivery time has bee chosen
2. Low tire pressure - go to the gas station and fill the tires,
3. Car delivered, not clean.

What has happened with Tesla?

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
I have been trying to talk to someone at Tesla for a week about ordering a X and I can’t get a reply to an email or get anyone on the phone. Spending $100,000 shouldn’t be so hard.

Call up the sales folks in a showroom. They were waay more helpful than anyone else was during my purchase. You can probably call any showroom folks and get help, I don't think it even needs to be local to you.

Yeah, back I'd say 2 years and earlier we all had great experiences, they went out of the way, remedied issues (and their were more issues as well back then), etc.

I think this is where current competitors do benefit from the massive dealership model. Dealers while are annoying in the purchase process, do often go above and beyond to make the delivery consistent and well done. They can keep up or exceed the pace of purchases easily.

Worst buying experience ever! I'm supposed to get the car on Friday 11/23 in Dublin but they have emailed me it's Fremont. I can't get a response from my DA since 2:30 this afternoon. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving so hopefully I will find out Friday morning. This is my first post on this forum.

• Love
Reactions: GreenT
Annoying? That’s the understatement of the year. Buying a car without going to a dealer is one if the best things about Tesla. Delivery process is a small price to pay for that.

Not that big a deal depending on the dealer. Our last Lexus, bought online, haggled price a tiny bit online, but then showed up signed and left and didn't find any issues with the car. ~15 minutes as well or less as didn't need a demo, etc.

But agree, if you start without knowledge of your price, the exact car being there, etc. then yes, avoid a dealer.

Don't know about Chicago, but California deliveries are up 400% over the previous quarter. They are simply swamped with orders and deliveries.

There is a tremendous push to get cars into customers hands prior to the EOY deadline for the full federal tax credit.

If the car was produced in Sunny California, and delivered in freezing Chicago, the tires could indeed read as low. Delivery team should add pressure prior to delivery.

Reactions: frank-datank
Don't know about Chicago, but California deliveries are up 400% over the previous quarter. They are simply swamped with orders and deliveries.

There is a tremendous push to get cars into customers hands prior to the EOY deadline for the full federal tax credit.

If the car was produced in Sunny California, and delivered in freezing Chicago, the tires could indeed read as low. Delivery team should add pressure prior to delivery.

They should, but they don't honestly do anything. They don't even respond to emails, quite frustrating.

• Love
Reactions: GreenT
Worst buying experience ever! I'm supposed to get the car on Friday 11/23 in Dublin but they have emailed me it's Fremont. I can't get a response from my DA since 2:30 this afternoon. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving so hopefully I will find out Friday morning. This is my first post on this forum.

Shocked that they do deliveries in Dublin. I thought they stopped that last winter. I ordered at the Dublin showroom and had to pickup in May in Fremont. I thought everything delivered in the Bay Area is in Fremont (or perhaps SF). Also, someone said they just switched to weekend delivers only.

My ordering experience was great to start, but now it's starting to go down hill and I'm getting nervous.

My wife and I ordered our Model X on November 3rd at the Tesla store in Denver. It was a great experience. Very easy and no pressure.

The only open issue has been the trade-in value for our Volvo XC90. I was in contact with my SA regarding the offer, and she had me fill out a form online and upload pictures. Now several weeks later and my online account still says Tesla is preparing our offer, and my SA won't response to any emails etc.

Do I need to worry that it still says preparing offer? I only have an email from her with the offer price, but no official response from Tesla. Who else can I contact?

We had the same issue in Denver, no response from our SA It turns out that you actually need to bring the car into the service center in Denver for an evaluation, then they will make an official trade in offer that you can accept in your Tesla account.

Do I need to worry that it still says preparing offer? I only have an email from her with the offer price, but no official response from Tesla. Who else can I contact?

I was in the same boat. I actually had them give me a trade-in estimate before I placed my order on 9/5. Once my vehicle was out of production, I was asked for updated pictures and an odometer reading etc. but the whole time, my account said an offer was being prepared.

Don’t worry, once your car is closer to delivery, the last few steps happen very quickly.