Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad Situation turned, good..i guess?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought i would share this funny story.

I picked up my model S 60 on December 15th 2016.

Two days later "Screen Unresponsive" error message. Seems many people have had that issue, just hold the scroll wheels down to reboot. Did that, about 1230495 million times. Didn't work. This was on a Saturday and i was with the car out of town. Took the car in Monday to get it looked at, they said the screen needs to be replaced. After two days of ownership!? come on! Super pissed.

They had it fixed the next day, which was cool.

A few days later i noticed it said i have a model "70" now.... wtf? Could they have flashed my car with the wrong firmware? Wait, wait, wait.. Doesn't that mean i get longer battery life now!? (software unlock the battery)

Sure enough, my car charges to 230 miles now! So i went from 210 max charge to 230, an extra 20 miles on a full charge... Have not had any other issues, so i guess all in all it turned out better?

until next time i take it into the service center and they say, you have a model 60 but model 70 firmware, did you hack your car? i shall reply, no it was you stupid, and you are going to leave it! The upgrade to the 75 model is 9k!

Reactions: Chopr147