TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Badge of Honor

Discussion in 'Model S' started by MichFin, Aug 24, 2015.

1. MichFin

MichFin Member

As I was traveling to Cincinnati this weekend we stopped at a couple superchargers we've never visited before. I realized that as silly as it sounds going to a completely new supercharger gives me a feeling of accomplishment and adventure. I listed out the superchargers we've visited in the few months I've owned "Electra" and it felt like each one was accomplishment. So being a product of the video game generation I think it would be pretty cool for Tesla to create a logo/badge for each location and add them to the cars background or on a special page each time you visit a new supercharger. They can also create levels with cute names like scout, explorer or adventurer as you hit more superchargers.

And if Tesla won't take this up maybe ConnectT phone app might.

2. tstafford

tstafford Member

I like that too. Of course Tesla won't do that because apparently they want to discourage us from using the SCs.

3. MichFin

MichFin Member

You only get one badge for each supercharging station so they wouldn't be daily user chargers.

4. mikeash

mikeash Active Member

They could even use this to discourage abuse. If you frequently charge near home without it being part of a longer trip they could give you a badge with a frowny face or a pile of poop or something.

5. MichFin

MichFin Member

I can see it now.

Dad why do you have a pile of poop on your Tesla.... Because I'm a cheapo.

6. rxlawdude

rxlawdude Member

Running with the Santa allegory, shouldn't it be a lump of coal?

7. danni

danni Member

I tweeted Elon about this not too long ago (no reply): Danni Efraim on Twitter:

8. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I used to play around with Foursquare which let you earn "Badges" and become "Mayor" of destinations based on your check-ins. They re-did the app and moved away from the whole check-in game (as far as I could tell) and so gave up on it.

9. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Moved the checkin thing into Swarm... I gave up in the whole thing soon after.

10. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

#10 ChadS, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    The Nav screen used to let you show chargers you had visited (sample thread HERE), but that feature morphed many updates ago. They still show L1/L2 chargers you visited, but they show all the Superchargers rather than the ones you have been to.

11. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Nav still keeps the info under a tab, last I checked...

12. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

Yeah, I just changed my text. What it no longer does is show you the map of all the places you have charged, including Superchargers but excluding places you have not charged.

13. MichFin

MichFin Member

They can make different icons for each location with a reference to that location.

Like a Michigan M for Ann Arbor or a car for Detroit and a pile of of poo for Columbus... OK just kidding.