Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Badging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What (if any) badges are applied to the newest MS now that the battery size designations are discontinued? Any way to identify a standard range from extended range? Are the Performance cars badged as such? Ludicrous option underlined?

Just talked to a friend who lives near Freemont plant and said he saw a truck of Model S's/X's and none had any badging on the back. Possibly something the dealers put on now? Or they are blank! Still trying to figure this out for sure

Sorry, I'm late to this conversation.
So new S/X's are being delivered with only one battery size?
I just checked the Tesla web site and they say Standard, Long Range and Performance?
What does that even mean?
Day one (2013) no cars were badged. Back to the beginning?

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Chaserr and P85_DA
Some of our dealers remove badging to apply PPF, and then often reapply the badges but not always depending on the car owners request. A bit off topic - but I've seen some use a gauge for proper replacement of the emblems/badging. Does anyone know where those can be found?

Picked up my Standard Range Raven Model S on Saturday. Just has the dual motor badge on the back right of the hatch. I’m considering adding the “model s” badge on the left. Seems odd to me that it’s not on there in the first place.

Interesting, thanks for the info, and congratulations :) I don’t supposed you noticed the badging on the other cars when you were picking it up? ;)

Perhaps your statement about day 1 Model S badging? I got a P85 in Dec 2012 and it had "Model S P85" badging.

What does it look like? There was the original that looked like an M3 / Audi S badge that I only saw in photos and then there was the one they stabilized on for production permanently.

My 2013 was delivered without badges.

Interesting, thanks for the info, and congratulations :) I don’t supposed you noticed the badging on the other cars when you were picking it up? ;)

I noticed Tesla has now adopted the Model 3 badging scheme for Model S and Model X. I saw these vehicles coming out of the factory today. No badging at all on the left side and either Dual Motor or Dual Motor underlined on the right side of the hatch.

Attachments

• IMG_0316.JPG
    IMG_0316.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0318.JPG
    IMG_0318.JPG
    205.1 KB · Views: 70