Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Baggy front passenger door seal anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. Can you share a pic of the lower seal on your M3 front passenger door? Mine was detached at the bottom on delivery last year unlike the same seal on the drivers side that was nice and snug.

SC saw it and ordered me a new seal, but when it went on the new one is exactly the same, resulting I'm my first "within tolerance" response. They say they are all like this, so if you could help me validate that statement, I'll stop worrying about it... thanks in advance.
20200422_141529.jpg
20191027_125500.jpg

Seal on my passenger door was like that on delivery. Didn't spot it until I got home. I just pushed it back on (it was still sticky). Haven't checked recently, but I think it's still attached. It it does come off again, I'll just use some contact adhesive on it.

Yeah mine is like that on both passenger side doors. Do have a SC appointment for a replacement, that I’ve delayed under the current circumstances, but was tempted to fix it myself with weatherstrip adhesive. I’ll probably do the self fix now if there’s a chance the replacements will be the same.

Just as a data point, other manufacturers don't seem to regard this as a warrant item either...

You used to be able to rely on Tesla being better than Ford at least but not so much these days.

It is an easy fix though if you do have to do it your self.

Just as a data point, other manufacturers don't seem to regard this as a warrant item either...

You used to be able to rely on Tesla being better than Ford at least but not so much these days.

It is an easy fix though if you do have to do it your self.
Other manufacturers dont fall off after a couple of weeks! I take back what I said yesterday. Self adhesive seals are quite common even on high end cars and they dont fall off..full stop. Tesla walk all over you. Maybe in the US but not in the UK.

Just giving mine its clean up and ceramic treatment yesterday and noticed that the seal on the driver's door was 'drooping'. Pushed it back in place - still quite sticky and still in place today after more door opening/closing. The driver's door has always seemed to need a heavier push to close properly compared with the passenger side (that too needed a bit of attention to the seal).

Also noticed that the odd triangular plastic bits in the corner of the windscreen/bonnet lid were loose. Managed to fit the nearside in its clip but there was nothing behind it on driver's side to fit it to! - see pic - guess I should send this to 'Service'
IMG_3033.jpg