Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bambi meets Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is one of the fears I have with the Tesla in deer country. I don't think Bambi heard you coming and when you were right on top of it you scared it enough for it to try to run off.

In my area (heavily deer populated) they rarely bolt when the Tesla approaches and often just stare at it until you are right on top of them.

This is one of the fears I have with the Tesla in deer country. I don't think Bambi heard you coming and when you were right on top of it you scared it enough for it to try to run off.

In my area (heavily deer populated) they rarely bolt when the Tesla approaches and often just stare at it until you are right on top of them.
I'm not sure engine noise makes all that much difference. Years ago, as I was driving my (very noisy) diesel car through a neighborhood at night with headlights on, a fawn darted in front of my car and I had to slam on my brakes. Even so, I nipped the creature enough to crack the plastic lens on the driver's side turn signal. It was unfazed and bounded off down the street apparently unharmed.

Nice reaction time OP!

And I agree, it's not about engine noise. It's about tire noise. I can still hear the Tesla coming down the road due to tire noise (which every car has). At those distances, engine noise wouldn't be heard over the tires.