Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

barely any paint on the body where the front doors are hinged.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really? I have owned a lot and never saw this until Tesla.

I recently looked at a brand new BMW SUV electric. The whole "frunk" area is literally unfinished, not only paint wise, but also loose cables and electronics all over the place, no struts to hold the hood open, and areas where panes connect sharp as a razor.
I suppose BMW doesn't want you to even open that part of the car, but why? Why not make it functional ?

You think Tesla is cutting corners?

Reactions: nate704
Quite common on many cars. It is the primer and corrosion inhibitors that matter. Those are done in a dip. The color coat is sprayed on and some areas are very difficult to reach.
Totally normal across most car manufacturers and totally a non-issue from a consumer perspective.

It doesn't matter how many times you people say this, it doesn't make it true. As a person that has detailed a lot of cars over the years I know for a fact this is not common with other manufacturers to have just primer in these areas. I do agree that it's not really an issue as it's more aesthetic but it is a Tesla thing,

autoapp-singapore-car-concierge-paint-restoration-polishing-paint-layers-1024x670.jpg