Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Base model 3 brakes onto a 2022 M3P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C37ABCCD-7799-45C3-980F-DDCEC2C20B71.jpeg

Don’t do it! Literally the only reason I got to take this picture is because I went bigger!

Thanks!

So my reasons for asking: Options!

It looks like performance pad availability isn't great on the model 3 performance brakes. Of course carbotech and gloc make pads but they haven't always been my favorite. In the past I've preferred PFC (other than the extreme cost), raybestos, and powerstop trackday.

Rotors chime in at 165 each, which is pretty cheap for a 2 piece OE rotor, but you can get one piece rotors for 60 each. I run heavy one piece rotors on my C5 Corvette track car / street car, and they are super cheap and last a long long time. I like the failure modality of a one piece rotor better than a 2 piece rotor. Much more predictable. They tend to show large visible cracks and still hold together when they fail.

The m3p calipers up front have to be removed to change pads, and I haven't gotten a good look at the rears. Obviously there are some wheel clearance issues with the performance calipers.

Really I'm just doing some reasearch. I'm a road course driving instructor in Greenville SC, and I instruct about 12-25 weekends a year at Road Atlanta, Atlanta Motorsports Park, Roebling Road Raceway, Barber Motorsports Park, Carolina Motorsports Park, and Virginia International Raceway. It may be difficult logistically to use the tesla, but it's always nice to have a gameplan for if the corvette isn't track ready before an event. Also it's a gorgeous brand new car that is really "the wife's". She is not too keen on the idea of me taking the car to the track, but I am sure it will happen eventually.

If any of you get bored and want to watch some non edited videos of me going around the track here is the link to my youtube channel:

www.youtube.com/level8drummer

Thanks for all of the help everyone! I'm sure I will have more questions in the future, and I'll help out when I can.

Level8Drummer

Thanks!

So my reasons for asking: Options!

It looks like performance pad availability isn't great on the model 3 performance brakes. Of course carbotech and gloc make pads but they haven't always been my favorite. In the past I've preferred PFC (other than the extreme cost), raybestos, and powerstop trackday.

Rotors chime in at 165 each, which is pretty cheap for a 2 piece OE rotor, but you can get one piece rotors for 60 each. I run heavy one piece rotors on my C5 Corvette track car / street car, and they are super cheap and last a long long time. I like the failure modality of a one piece rotor better than a 2 piece rotor. Much more predictable. They tend to show large visible cracks and still hold together when they fail.

The m3p calipers up front have to be removed to change pads, and I haven't gotten a good look at the rears. Obviously there are some wheel clearance issues with the performance calipers.

Really I'm just doing some reasearch. I'm a road course driving instructor in Greenville SC, and I instruct about 12-25 weekends a year at Road Atlanta, Atlanta Motorsports Park, Roebling Road Raceway, Barber Motorsports Park, Carolina Motorsports Park, and Virginia International Raceway. It may be difficult logistically to use the tesla, but it's always nice to have a gameplan for if the corvette isn't track ready before an event. Also it's a gorgeous brand new car that is really "the wife's". She is not too keen on the idea of me taking the car to the track, but I am sure it will happen eventually.

If any of you get bored and want to watch some non edited videos of me going around the track here is the link to my youtube channel:

www.youtube.com/level8drummer

Thanks for all of the help everyone! I'm sure I will have more questions in the future, and I'll help out when I can.

Level8Drummer
Same deal for the front and rear. Caliper removal for pad replacement. The rear has the e brake built into the caliper so you will have to put it in the service mode or disconnect and remove the e brake motor itself.

Ferodo has DS2500 pads and Porterfield R4 is the other option. PFC has the pad shape but who know when they will offer the 08 or the 11 compound. Nothing from Pagid or Hawk.

The same old story man. The companies who try to improve their pad technology and offer new compounds are slow to offer pads in the shape you need. The companies who offer lots of pad shapes don't ever improve their pad technology. Of course ferodo offers the 2500, but not the ds uno or 1.1. I wish porterfield would put out a modern compound. I like the ebc blue compound for light or low hp track use. I like the powerstop track day compound. It's cheap And works but doesn't last long. Hopefully more pads will be available soon!

Also, MPP offers pagids for the M3P:

L8d

Last edited: